Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

PCS Drama

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:47 PM
  • 6 Replies
Just Venting...... We are going to Yokosuke, Japan in Oct. Of course like any family we are nervous. We are urrently recruiting in his hometown and by his family. It has it's ups and it's downs. But the 1st 2 years were very rough on me.
Well my mother wants us to get stationed by my family which I am 60/40 ( 60 on no). I haven't been very close to my mom ever and after living in too close to hgis for 3 years I am not jumping at the chance to be by mine. Family is too opiniated and I am very sensative.... I know I need to get over it.
Well the point is I have no one to talk to about this move and the stress of it. His mother changes the subject evrytime I bring it up ( She supports whatever he does, but doesnt want him to leave the country). My mom is pissed because we wont come home. Japan is a great career move for him, she doesn't understand. I don't have many any close friends here, so I have no one to just vent to and get off.
They dont understand that if its hard on them what about me........ Any advice Ladies????????

Mrs.Swinger Jr

by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BompsMum
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

sorry girl!

i find my family does similar things. while i lived far away all they talked about is how they wished i lived closer (no one came to visit us when we were far away, but we flew home every year for the holidays). when i found out i was pregnant AND would be moving closer, everyone talked about how much they would help out etc. i guess they meant they would help if i was willing to make a four hour round trip. i live close and i am STILL the one doing the traveling to see them, and mind you- i moved from a ton of friends who would have been in the same town and willing to help.

i kid you not- when i talk about us leaving, they say 'BUT WE WILL NEVER SEE YOU' i want to be like SO NOTHING CHANGES YOU JERKS!!!

i have come to this point; i cant live my life for other people (other than my husband and son) and i certainly wont have my husband's career affected by my family's wants and needs.

good luck to you :)

mommaswinger
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:09 PM
You are soo right. My mom came once after I paid for her ticket. stayed for 3 days. 2 of my sisters I know are busy and cant afford it. Buyt we talk everyday. everyone else I know will not lift a hand to help. I swear I do better on military bases with people like me ( military spouses) then by family. We may not get along all the time but we do unserstand each others ups and downs, lol. Thanks hun. I appreciate the truth....
Lilysmommy1120
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry:(

My family would be up for it only because we grew up overseas due to my dad. They wouldnt like that the grandkids would be far. I think his family would take it hard because of us being out of country and not visiting every year...

I wish you good luck and safe travels... Know that atleast you can vent here:)

barrelracer1699
by Chel on May. 3, 2012 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know about anything like this. We are here for you to vent. I'm sure it is scary moving to a new country, I know I don't want to!

dmfab09
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh getting done with four years of recruiting duty was THE happiest time of our life lol! You should be enjoying, not stressed over other people's wants/opinions about it. We are PCSing as well, and I have no one to talk to it about since no one wants us to leave. They change the subject or act as if I didn't speak at all. I'm like, seriously?! Can we put on the big kid pants and face reality for 30 seconds soi can get some advice or an opinion?! I'm totally feeling you! Maybe try reaching out to an online group for your destination?
mommaswinger
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:21 AM
I thought about that too. My husband is so happy. He HATES recruiting and so do I. Stress. I'm truly stayn in prayer, cause if not there is no telling what I may say to someone....lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN