Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i could really use some help... please

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM
  • 8 Replies

Okay... well my husband has been deployed since Sept. I've been doing alright up until recently. I have 2 little boys ages 4 and 2 and im due to have a baby girl in a few weeks. My husband wont be home until a month after shes born. I decided to stay where we were but came home from TX to OH to have the baby so i can have help since i have c-sections. I have been struggling a lot lately. I dont know if its hormones or because time is starting to drag being the last chunk of deployment. But i dont even want to drag myself out of bed lately. And i try to keep busy and keep the kids involved in things but theres only so much they can do and its so hard when im 8 months pregnant and miserable. On top of it my husbands unit has lost a great number of guys and he just recently watched some of his buddies die. Now im scared shitless. Even more so than i was before. I dont know what to do but i know i need to do something or else these last few months are going to be hell. Does anyone have any helpful advice? I really need help and i just dont know what to do. I love my husband so much and dont know what i would do without him and now all i can think about is what if he doesnt come home... yes the what if's are bad i know but like i said after recent events i cant shake it.

by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
asaffell
by Ashley on May. 4, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Oh mama, can you get someone to help you out so you can recharge? Big hugs!

Apollos82
by Cassie on May. 4, 2012 at 12:09 PM
I don't have any advice, but you'll be in my prayers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Soniam301
by Sonia on May. 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM
2 moms liked this

First thing is to stop thinking something bad is going to happen!

Next, keep a journal, contact military one source and get into counseling.

Try to find a hobby, scrapbooking, painting, writing, reading, crafting with the kids. Anything to keep your mind from wondering.

Once you have your baby, things Will go fast, you'll be too tired and busy to think of anything else

Also, you are not the only one that goes through this or feels like you are feeling! The last leg of deployment is the worst part for me. I was not even pregnant and it was bad, I cried all the time, wanted to sleep and not wake up until he was home. My kids kept me going. I focused most of my energy on them and it helped.

You'll get through it!

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 4, 2012 at 12:13 PM

This...  One day at a time is one more closer...

Quoting Soniam301:

Try to find a hobby, scrapbooking, painting, writing, reading, crafting with the kids. Anything to keep your mind from wondering.

Once you have your baby, things Will go fast, you'll be too tired and busy to think of anything else

Also, you are not the only one that goes through this or feels like you are feeling! The last leg of deployment is the worst part for me. I was not even pregnant and it was bad, I cried all the time, wanted to sleep and not wake up until he was home. My kids kept me going. I focused most of my energy on them and it helped.

You'll get through it!

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on May. 4, 2012 at 12:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Poor thing! Just stay in bed and watch tv all day. That's what I would do. A four year old and two year old don't need to get up and plow the fields, they can hang out with you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Sonia has some very good advice.

And, so does Adrianna. Get as much rest as you can before the baby comes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MegG25
by Meagan on May. 4, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I agree with these ladies.  Give yourself a break you are stressing yourself out-(and I understand why you are stressed out) :)  Get a babysitter,  get a pedicure and a massage and get some rest.  Everything will be okay.  Your worries are always more than the actual event.  Take it easy and hang in there

barrelracer1699
by Chel on May. 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I agree with this! Your kids need you. I know when I would break down I would text some obscene cus words to my best friend. She was right there for me texing me back to help bring me out of my funk. I used the free daycare hours and went and pampered myself. Also remember we are here for you to vent or whatever. Good Luck momma and keep your head up, you will get through this!

Quoting Soniam301:

You'll get through it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)