Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

New Army Wife..need answers!

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:45 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hey fellow moms! I have a few questions. My wedding is May 20th, and my hubby-to-be is graduating from AIT on the 8th of may. His first duty station is in South Korea and he is scheduled to leave on the 22nd of May. My question is, how long do I have to wait until they send me and the baby to be with him? And how soon will they give us a house?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Dani_Lynn
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Because he is graduating before he is marries, his orders are going to ne unaccompanied. He will need his orders amended and you and your DD will need command sponsorahip which can take a good long while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 6:28 PM
This. I know this sucks and it's not what you want to hear but plan to spend your first year without him. I had to do this my first year of marriage too. It's hard but if you can make it through unaccompanied Korea, you should be golden.

Quoting Dani_Lynn:

Because he is graduating before he is marries, his orders are going to ne unaccompanied. He will need his orders amended and you and your DD will need command sponsorahip which can take a good long while.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyBuggy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Yeah i'll be alright I guess. I'm really crushed right now but there's nothing i can do

loverfrombeyond
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:29 PM

WHY DID YOU DELETE THE OTHER COMMENTS?

MyBuggy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:32 PM

i didnt....the post was entered twice so there's two of the same posts with different comments on each 

MyBuggy
by on May. 4, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Quoting Dani_Lynn:

And how long do you think is a "good long while"

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 4, 2012 at 6:53 PM

It could take months to not at all...  They might decide to keep it as "unaccompanied"...

Dani_Lynn
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Up to if not more than a year...if at all.

Quoting MyBuggy:

Quoting Dani_Lynn:

And how long do you think is a "good long while"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)