Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Death of a pet during deployment

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:26 PM
  • 5 Replies

DH is deployed and has already had R&R, our dog is pretty old and the last 2 weeks his health has gone down hill fast. I have an appt tomorrow to have him put down, I have told DH what is wrong and that the vet said there is nothing left to do with out lots of testing to find a problem and that does not mean he will get better but DH is having a hard time. Has anyone else had to deal with this? We have owned our dog since 2005 when we first got to Ft Hood( our first duty station) have have taken him with us everywhere. I am so heart broken and know he will be also but I dont know what to do while we are so far apart.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
BompsMum
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:32 PM

aww i am sorry. thats a tough one! i am not much of a pet person but i KNOW that so many people consider them furbabies!

i have no clue how to comfort him on this, good luck to you hon!!

Soniam301
by Sonia on May. 4, 2012 at 8:33 PM
((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JLo1486
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 8:35 PM
:'( while it is very upsetting, you have to do what is best for your pet. If he is suffering, let him go. Your husband has to understand that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilnena98
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Quoting JLo1486:

:'( while it is very upsetting, you have to do what is best for your pet. If he is suffering, let him go. Your husband has to understand that.

violinjewel
by Julia on May. 4, 2012 at 8:46 PM
I'm sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)