Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

my husband left me and my son in the middle of the night (piog)

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:07 AM
  • 57 Replies
We are stationed in Fort Bragg, NC. We came to Louisville so he could see his family before he deployed. Well the plan was to leave our son with his parents while we went back to Bragg and then when he deployed I was going to drive back here. He told me he wants a divorce and left in the middle of the night and left me with $100. I don't know if he is going to change his pay to go to a new account or what he is thinking. I still have some stuff in our storage unit in NC. I'm just really heartbroken. He didn't even say goodbye to his son. What kind of man does this? I spent 3 years of my life with him. I
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TippyD
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

HUGS! 

usmc.momma
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Is it his first deployment? How old is your son!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livinwith3boys
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Hopefully you can make sure that he pays you his BAH and child support until the divorce is finalized... the way he did it was dick, but at least he did it now and not in 10 years after putting you through the army life!!

Mrs.Foley
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:14 AM
He was deployed once before we met. My son is 20 months old and wakes up every morning saying "dada" :(

Quoting usmc.momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Foley
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:15 AM
I'm friends with a few wives in the unit that told me to call chain of command, I don't even know what to say. I can't even talk without crying.

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

Hopefully you can make sure that he pays you his BAH and child support until the divorce is finalized... the way he did it was dick, but at least he did it now and not in 10 years after putting you through the army life!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mya62412
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM
I am very sorry that happen to you. Have you tried to talk to him about what's going on and why he feels he needs to do this? Is he new to the military? Some times the guys they hang around convince them they should get a divorce. Most time the dudes ( young dudes usually) convince other guys their women is going to cheat while they are gone or that there is lots of girl tale to chase in other countries. If he has been in a while and deployed before it could be ptsd. Try to talk to him and see what he says. I'm sorry he is doing this to your son.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySwiggles
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Make sure you file for custody and child support ASAP. You may even be entitled to some bah until you get settled.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mya62412
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Better yet call the caplian

Quoting Mrs.Foley:

I'm friends with a few wives in the unit that told me to call chain of command, I don't even know what to say. I can't even talk without crying.

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livinwith3boys

Wait to see if he is going to be responsible first, afterall, would you call his boss if he had any different job??? You could end up hurting both of you more than helping your finances...Contact him, ask what his plans are, and work with that....and don't do anything until you calm down!!

Quoting Mrs.Foley:

Quoting Livinwith3boys:

usmc.momma
1 mom liked this
Maybe he is just freaking out because it's his first time having to leave his wife and son.
Quoting Mrs.Foley:

He was deployed once before we met. My son is 20 months old and wakes up every morning saying "dada" :(

Quoting usmc.momma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)