Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Security while dealing with deployment.

As if anything else could happen.. I was pretty freaked out last night. Around 3am I heard a faint knock on the door. I figured it was probably the cat or a dream. I layed alert in bed for a few mintues and I heard it again. Except this time it was a "knock knock knock" on the door, like someone was really there. I went to the kitchen to peak out of the blinds. The lights were off but I didn't see anyone, so I layed back down. A few minutes later, they rang the doorbell three times in a row. So I got dressed, looked out of the spare bedroom this time, still saw no one then turned on all the lights in the kitchen, the front porch and the hallway. I had the phone ready to dial 911 and my pepper spray. Except no one was there, again. I closed the door and walked down the sidewalk. The next door neighbor's driveway had a red bronco in it with a female sitting in the drivers seat, smoking and alert. I asked her about it and she said she didn't do it. So either she was lying, or she saw who did it because we live in a subdivision where the houses are close together. The red bronco does not belong to the owners next door. 

We don't own a gun, I was against it until right before he left then we never got the chance to get one. The most I have in terms of a weapon is my pepper spray, field hockey stick or a pan. My dog (cocker spaniel), doesn't even bark because she's too sweet and her previous owner wasn't suppose to have her so she kept her quiet during the 4 months she had her. 

What do you have in terms of protection? This really freaked me out. I realize it may have been kids playing the classic ding dong ditch, but what if it was more serious? & yes I checked all rooms after walking out of the house lol.

by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Replies (31-35):
grlygrlz2
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:23 PM

We have a large dog with a deep bark, I have a gun (highly recommend the NRA women's defense course), and we have security lights. 

smokisses
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I kept a BAT by my bed. I also had a pit bull. I was only ascard of the dark :)

EmilyL7
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:44 PM

we have a dog whose bite trained and I have a gun, I also left a few lights on here and there, and always made sure i moved the cars around. we also had these lil alarm sensors on our windows and doors (mainly so our daughter wouldnt walk out of the house without us knowing, shes 7 with special needs, but it dbled as protection) my husband found them for a dollar at the dollar store!

aplus6
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:56 PM

We have security cameras and DH has 2 guns hidden somewhere in the garage

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
dmfab09
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:54 PM
I don't want a gun because I'm worried if I pulled a gun on someone they'd feel threatened and shoot me first lol. If they want to come steal my shit, I have insurance for that. As for other reasons creepers go bump in the night...I like the car alarm idea, and once we get moved I want to set up a security system.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN