Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Security while dealing with deployment.

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:46 PM
  • 35 Replies

As if anything else could happen.. I was pretty freaked out last night. Around 3am I heard a faint knock on the door. I figured it was probably the cat or a dream. I layed alert in bed for a few mintues and I heard it again. Except this time it was a "knock knock knock" on the door, like someone was really there. I went to the kitchen to peak out of the blinds. The lights were off but I didn't see anyone, so I layed back down. A few minutes later, they rang the doorbell three times in a row. So I got dressed, looked out of the spare bedroom this time, still saw no one then turned on all the lights in the kitchen, the front porch and the hallway. I had the phone ready to dial 911 and my pepper spray. Except no one was there, again. I closed the door and walked down the sidewalk. The next door neighbor's driveway had a red bronco in it with a female sitting in the drivers seat, smoking and alert. I asked her about it and she said she didn't do it. So either she was lying, or she saw who did it because we live in a subdivision where the houses are close together. The red bronco does not belong to the owners next door. 

We don't own a gun, I was against it until right before he left then we never got the chance to get one. The most I have in terms of a weapon is my pepper spray, field hockey stick or a pan. My dog (cocker spaniel), doesn't even bark because she's too sweet and her previous owner wasn't suppose to have her so she kept her quiet during the 4 months she had her. 

What do you have in terms of protection? This really freaked me out. I realize it may have been kids playing the classic ding dong ditch, but what if it was more serious? & yes I checked all rooms after walking out of the house lol.

by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maddies_mom101
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

what about getting a sensor light on your house. Get a taser gun as well.

besosfantasies
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Awesome ideas! Thank you :)

Quoting Maddies_mom101:

what about getting a sensor light on your house. Get a taser gun as well.

momtimesx4
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:05 PM

We are armed and have security cameras so we can see who is outside.

nancym3
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Keep your porch light on at night, get motion lights, and get a weapon if your choice. This happened to me during my hubby's 2nd deployment. Whoever it was went into the back yard after knocking and tried to break in. Luckily, my dogs scared them off. In fact, whoever it was ran out of his shoe. This last deployment, I got a gun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Please, please don't go outside looking for them again.... :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
besosfantasies
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Holy crap. I wish my sweet baby would bark.. I'm starting the process today to train her. I'm hoping Dicks or Academy sells a taser gun that way I will not be forced to get a real gun until dh gets back.

Quoting nancym3:

Keep your porch light on at night, get motion lights, and get a weapon if your choice. This happened to me during my hubby's 2nd deployment. Whoever it was went into the back yard after knocking and tried to break in. Luckily, my dogs scared them off. In fact, whoever it was ran out of his shoe. This last deployment, I got a gun.

besosfantasies
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:10 PM

I knooowwwww :( I'm still at the "I'm invincable" stage right now. Stupid.

Quoting Apollos82:

Please, please don't go outside looking for them again.... :-/

nancym3
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:13 PM
I was asleep on the couch and like you, I thought I was dreaming at first.

I think they sell tasers at academy, but I'm not sure! Don't go outside again though!! That's so scary!

Quoting besosfantasies:

Holy crap. I wish my sweet baby would bark.. I'm starting the process today to train her. I'm hoping Dicks or Academy sells a taser gun that way I will not be forced to get a real gun until dh gets back.

Quoting nancym3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:17 PM
We have guns for protection. And yeah, please don't go outside is it happends again. :/
If it happens again call the cops or mps and have them drive by.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
besosfantasies
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I didn't want to look lame if it wasn't an emergency to call the cops lol.. and we live off base but next time I will.

Quoting SierraLynn:

We have guns for protection. And yeah, please don't go outside is it happends again. :/
If it happens again call the cops or mps and have them drive by.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN