Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Q for those who've been pregnant during deployment

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:14 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hubby recently deployed and we are almost 7 weeks pregnant. He isn't due back until a few weeks before the baby is due so he will be missing 99% of the pregnancy. Also, this is his first child so he's new to the whole pregnancy thing. How did you keep your hubby involved in the pregnancy throughout deployment? I have my first appt/ultrasound in about 2 weeks and I was thinking of video taping the ultrasound and then mailing one of the ultrasound pictures to him? But what are some other ways to keep him in the loop? Thanks in advance ladies!

by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 6, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I mailed him a pic of the ultrasound and wrote letters (this was before email and Skype and all that fancy shit you have now)...  I described everything I was going through as far as doctor appointments, changed, etc... 

penneylane
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 7:42 PM

i sent pictures of me every few weeks. regular belly pics and a pic of me looking down showing him i couldnt see my feet.  me in his clothes...that was a bad idea because i stretched a lot of his shirts and he had proof i wore them ahahah. i also told him what i was craving, my ridiculous hormonal rants made him laugh. i emailed photos of the scans. make sure you ask about taping the ultrasound. i wanted to do that this time around just to have and they wouldnt let me.

pregers2011
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:40 PM

BUMP!

Melbornj
by Melissa on May. 6, 2012 at 9:04 PM
I kept a journal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Chel on May. 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM

IDK Hope someone can help you out more!

LuvMyBoy08
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:25 PM
I mailed ultrasound pictures, and emailed in pictures of my tummy getting bigger and what was going on at each check up. I also mailed him a cd of the 3D ultrasound, he LOVED that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilnena98
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I was never pregnant when he deployed. Here is a bump

DevilInPigtails
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:50 AM
Looks like they covered it. I also had back up family to be there a few days before my due date, I was not delivering our baby alone.
SierraLynn
by Just Me on May. 7, 2012 at 7:55 AM
I sent him pictures all the time and daily emails about what was happening. How baby was growing and moving, and didn't stop moving. What I ate that made her move. And talk about on the phone. Dh loved for me to put the phone to my tummy so he could talk to her. It was sooo adorable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Lots of pictures! Keep a journal or write letters so he can read all of your experiences.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)