Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

A little advice?

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM
  • 35 Replies
So I'm not really the jealous type. But yesterday I was messing around with our iPad that my DH got for both of us for Christmas... I got on the calendar and was flipping through and tell me why only two dates had anything on them... His dentist appointment in August and his exwife's birthday in June... Why does her birthday need to be there? Why does he even need to remember it? They supposedly don't talk, they don't have any children together, so why is her birthday marked on OUR iPad that we just got two months before we got married. I would understand if he had it before we got together... But he bought is specifically for US. And he didn't put my birthday or the girls' birthdays or his parents... Just hers.... Do I ask him about it? I generally tend to trust him, but I really don't see why her birthday is important enough to be in our iPad. If I do ask him about it, is there a better time than others? This is my first deployment as a wife, so I am not sure on protocol on asking your DH about something that could potentially turn into a fight. Although we don't usually fight, we state how we feel, we both apologize for stepping on the others toes, and for any feeling we may have hurt, and we make up. But that's when he was home and we could kiss and make up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beerebelly
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:21 AM

That is odd. The only reason I can see why he would have it on there is if they had children together so he can have the kids get mommy a card or whatever.

AbriCrazy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Oh, Jesus H. Its a birthday, not a confession of inappropriate action or proof of infidelity. Smdh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GraceHudson
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:24 AM
bump

barrelracer1699
by Chel on May. 7, 2012 at 8:24 AM

I wouldn't bring it up while he is deployed.

lilnena98
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I honestly wouldn't care. It's just the date of her bday.

JLo1486
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:49 AM
I remember everyones bdays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krissy920
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

if i wa sbothered by it id bring it up. If you are not mad and just curious just bring it up and ask him. Be honest and not accusing and see what he says.

Juliatrick2011
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:00 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't really know much about this kind of stuff, but does he have an iphone?  If he synced the ipad to the computer that had the iphone info on it (and her bday was in his iphone from before), it would automatically add any bdays or appts, etc to the ipad.  Just a thought.

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I wouldn't bring it up, it's just a birthday and doesn't mean anything.  I'm also with poster above.  Could be he synced it to an iPhone or laptop and the date was already in the calendar. 

CPOsWife
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I was thinking it may be from syncing... I know the computer has often taken info from my phone and put it on the computer. I'm not mad, like I said, I do trust him, I don't think he's cheating or anything. And I don't even care if he does talk to her, there's a reason they aren't together anymore. It is more of a curiosity. I am definitely not accusing him of anything. I know he loves me and he wouldn't do anything to risk what we have. The reason it bothered me is because it's got her maiden name, and if it was a sync why isn't anyone else's birthday on there. But if he was trying to hide it, he wouldn't have put it on the one electronic we share a password for. I should probably just let it go.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)