Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Woman forced to give up lottery winnings . . .

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM
  • 10 Replies

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-lost-ark-lotto-ticket-entitled-1m-001711454.html

An Arkansas woman who cashed a $1 million lottery ticket may have to give up the winnings to a woman who threw away the ticket after she bought it, according to a judge's ruling Tuesday.

The judge decided that Sharon Duncan was entitled to the prize money, not Sharon Jones, who claimed the prize money after she took the ticket from a trash can of discarded lottery tickets at a convenience store in Beebe, a city about 40 miles northeast of Little Rock. 

Thoughts?

by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SierraLynn
by Just Me on May. 7, 2012 at 10:10 AM
4 moms liked this
I thinks its crap. To me if its thrown away, its fair game.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sodsoldierwife
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Unless the other lady has signed her name on the ticket  how could she be so sure that THAT ticket was in fact hers? Unless she accidently threw it away with a bunch of receipts or something..Who knows! I think it's silly

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 7, 2012 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

It's dominating the news here...  It's stupid.  Personally, I think the store and the chick who is claiming it's hers have a deal going. 

It sucks she threw it out.  I mean, who wouldn't be kicking their ass about it later?  But she shouldn't have any recourse to it.  Once it's in the trash, it's fair game.  Didn't we learn that on CSI?

AbriCrazy
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:32 AM
The woman who found it shouldn't be entitled to it nor the woman who threw it away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
akgraff
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I don't know anything about lottery tickets, but if that' lady's name is under the registeration for it, it's hers even though she tossed it...if there's not name under it, that other lady that found it should be allowed the money

ma2calebzoeyeli
by on May. 7, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Finders, Keepers.

xxlilmomma09
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM
I agree. Finders, keepers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM

how hard would it be to split it ..... very hard :)

babowes
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:43 PM

really....finders keepers!

aplus6
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:40 PM

finders keepers! If its in the trash it's fair game especially since at least in NY the only way you could prove who bought the ticket would be if the person wrote their name on it.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)