Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Anyone have this problem when your SO is gone??

Ok so everytime DH leaves I seem to have problems with my weight. I feel like I should be able to get used to this I mean its just going to be a part of our life. I seem to get stressed out a bit too much when hes gone. When he was last deployed I ended up being SUPER stressed but everything imaginable went wrong I mean everything lol. So I ended up going from my normal weight of 105 down to 95-97 lbs...It was really bad and embarrassing. I looked gross...I had no appetite because I was soo stressed. So I was forcing myself to eat which was really painful because I wasnt hungry. When he came back my stress started to wain and my appetite slowly came back. I went back to my normal weight and have a pretty hefty appetite (which is normal for me).

Now here we are again and DH isnt even deployed he just had to leave for tech school (re-train) so I feel like its ridiculous that im starting to have this problem again. Within the last 3 days I just noticed a drop in my appetite but I got concerned and dont want to end up where I was last time. So im eating like normal PLUS SOME. Im trying to get my self to eat way more than I normally do so that it doesnt happen again. But its not having ANY effect, ive already lost 2 lbs which is making me stress out more (which I know isnt helping). Nothing has really been that bad but my 3 year old has been off the wall crazy, major MAJOR tantrums and it's been stressing me out pretty bad. Im also not sleeping (it always takes me a while to adjust) so im sure thats not helping. But im just worried and don't know what to do, I want to fix this before it happens again like last time. Anyone have any suggestions?

by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Replies (21-25):
Lilbits_Mama
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I have the same problem when dh is away

jacandjay
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I dont eat as much when he is gone, just bc i dont cook as much, bc the kids are still young and dont eat much..  and when he is gone the kids act sooo bad.. i just dont get it...

thatjessie
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Ive lost 10lbs in a month since dh has been gone. I dont feel hungry and I'm always on the go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
betsyfaith
by Betsy :) on May. 9, 2012 at 1:18 AM
I have lost weight, but also had years that I gained. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christinajoy864
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:35 AM

ive got a huge problem i loose a lot of weight and i cant sleep my big is to big and i feel so cold and lonely you would think it would get easier but it always seems to harder

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)