Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Ft. Polk?

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:44 AM
  • 7 Replies

It doesn't seem there are many on here, but am looking to meet new people as we will be stationed there next month. Anyone from Ft. Polk?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on May. 8, 2012 at 1:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Yeah, there are at least a couple polkers here. Here's a bump for ya'.

christinajoy864
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:20 PM

i was stationed there and i loved it may not seem like much but i enjoyed it im also a diehearted saints fan and was able to see them is this your first move

violinjewel
by Julia on May. 8, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessBaker
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:23 AM

It's our first PCS together, we moved out to be with the hubby a while after he got to his first duty station. Weve been in Colorado 2 years, my husband 3. Now were headed to Ft. Polk. I'm optimistic :) We finally started clearing today, yay! It's nice to know there are really others out there from ft. polk :) lol

betsyfaith
by Betsy :) on May. 9, 2012 at 2:15 AM
I'm no help, but hope it goes well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christinajoy864
by on May. 9, 2012 at 2:35 AM

awe congrats I'm glad to here that you are excited and moving with him to be together  few tips Ive learned along the way pack everything tightly the army is not known for being gentle mark everything clearly so you can find it all later and remember the army dose loose things it sad but true so valuable make sure you cant take most of those with you in your car and most importantly everything's is based on the army's needs and not yours so try to remain calm and patient I'm sure you've probably herd most of all this before but i hope this helps you a little  o and its humid humid down there like you'll take a shower and walk outside and be all wet again that and the bugs are huge and mosquitoes do exist best thing that works is this cream kind like peanut butter almost it helps I'm from the desert so i was like fresh meat try not to wear anything to sweet smelling you attract more of them i wish and your family the best with your move

mlogsdon
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:31 AM
We were there for 5 years, just left in december! I'm glad you're going in with a good attitude, it will make the transition easier :)

I left a bunch of good friends there, and I miss them terribly. The surrounding areas- not so much personally. I'm a northern girl, the heat and the south aren't for me :)

Feel free to PM me with any questions you have, I can probably help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)