Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Deadlocked...

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM
  • 21 Replies

Okay, who has read it? I have heard it sucks :( After the last one...I don't know if I want to have another fail Sookie book.

by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 8, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I've heard mixed reviews and after 50 Shades of Boredom, I'm recuperating with the Back Dagger Brotherhood series before I get back into Sookie...

I do have it though...

Pugsmuggler
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:16 PM

I couldn't finish the last book of poor fifty and off the wall Anna. I am in need of a book, but I don't know if I can stand Sookie right now...lol.

Quoting jas_momof2:

I've heard mixed reviews and after 50 Shades of Boredom, I'm recuperating with the Back Dagger Brotherhood series before I get back into Sookie...

I do have it though...

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM

You didn't miss anything...  In fact, the author destroyed Christian by the end.  Turned him into nothing more than a sniveling, tantrum taking, child...

It did have somewhat of a plot though... 

Might I HIGHLY recommend Dark Lover?

Quoting Pugsmuggler:

I couldn't finish the last book of poor fifty and off the wall Anna. I am in need of a book, but I don't know if I can stand Sookie right now...lol.

Quoting jas_momof2:

I do have it though...

txlady06
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:23 PM
I still liked it. I have read every book and started them before the true blood show took off. I think people that think the last few books sucked are trying to hold them to the standard of the show. If you are looking for some kind of big boom your not going to like this one either, because it not like her first 6 books where there was so much going on.
Pugsmuggler
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Ugh, I was worried she would do that. 

I read Dark Lover a few months ago, it didn't do it for me. It had a few of the cliches that drive me bonkers, the author kept bringing up how huge the make lead is and how small the female lead it. For some reason that killed it for me. I have thought about trying another in the series though.

Quoting jas_momof2:

You didn't miss anything...  In fact, the author destroyed Christian by the end.  Turned him into nothing more than a sniveling, tantrum taking, child...

It did have somewhat of a plot though... 

Might I HIGHLY recommend Dark Lover?

Quoting Pugsmuggler:

Quoting jas_momof2:

I do have it though...

txlady06
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Black dagger brotherhood is worth putting in the rotations maybe that is the reason I dont mind the Sookie novels not being as adventurous.
LOswald0314
by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I haven't been able to get into the series at all.  I wanted to, but couldn't.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 8, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Actually, I thought the last few books sucked and I've never seen the show...

It's like she's rushing to get it done - it doesn't have the same mystery feel as the beginning of the series...

Quoting txlady06:

I still liked it. I have read every book and started them before the true blood show took off. I think people that think the last few books sucked are trying to hold them to the standard of the show. If you are looking for some kind of big boom your not going to like this one either, because it not like her first 6 books where there was so much going on.

vintage-misha
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:16 PM

DON'T FUCKING BOTHER. 

JUST FUCKING DON'T BOTHER.

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD. 

Can you tell?

sodsoldierwife
by on May. 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Well this just ruined my day!! LOL

I'm <thisclose> to being done with finals and was going to enjoy a good read....(sad face) WAHHHH! 

Quoting vintage-misha:

DON'T FUCKING BOTHER. 

JUST FUCKING DON'T BOTHER.

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD. 

Can you tell?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN