Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

How many on here are active in the spouse/base clubs?

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:09 PM
  • 43 Replies

When we were first in, spouses clubs were a bigger deal, imo.  Now? They don't seem to be that big of a deal.  Do you get involved?  What do you like or not like about them?  

by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:13 PM
I have too much going on to participate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsashb
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I honestly cannot find any active groups for where we're getting stationed. I think because people are so transient with AIT those that are permanent are a rarity. But if there were I would def try to get involved.

grlygrlz2
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I used to be involved.  Now?  Not so much.  It was great when we were younger, IMO.  It's where I learned about scrapbooking and bunco.  LOL.

ASigler86
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:16 PM
3 moms liked this
Tried that once; just wasn't my thing. I'm sure it's great for some people, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvMyBoy08
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:17 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm not involved with ours, too many woman that wear their husbands ranks if you get my drift lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on May. 8, 2012 at 8:22 PM
2 moms liked this
No. They are lame.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on May. 8, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I went to one Enlisted Spouse's Club function when we were at HAAF.  It sucked monkey balls, so I never went back.  I won't get involved in any of the stuff here either.

violinjewel
by Julia on May. 8, 2012 at 8:44 PM
I don't think they have that for the Guard. Even if they do, I couldn't go, my husband's unit is a hour and a half away from here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 8, 2012 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

It's never been my thing.  I was a part of one and helped with the Easter and Christmas parties - other than that...  Nah...  Too much bs...

JMmama
by Kara on May. 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm president of the OSC here (at least until June). I like it. The women are fun, we don't have a lot of drama, and it has been a great way to get involved at the bases where we've been stationed. I was not part of the one at our first base because they only met during the day and I worked. It isn't for everybody, but I have had nothing but good experiences.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)