Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Disability percentage retraction

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:56 PM
  • 6 Replies

Does anyone know anything about getting a VA disability persentage retracted? My husband has a small percentage and his recruiter just told us that he needs that "taken off" before she can move forward. Any insight or knowledge? Thanks in advance. 

(We will be talking to someone at vetran's servises tomorrow, but I thought I would ask you ladies, too, because you're always pretty helpful.) 

by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Maddies_mom101
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:29 PM

They will have to make sure he is fit for duty before he is able to go back in which makes sense

Apollos82
by Cassie on May. 10, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Absolutley makes sense. I know they will check all those things, and they should. I just don't know how to have his VA claim closed. 

Quoting Maddies_mom101:

They will have to make sure he is fit for duty before he is able to go back in which makes sense

cocoroo
by Coco on May. 10, 2012 at 11:19 PM
IDK. My dh was getting a little bit when he was reserves and it wasn't a problem for him going back AD, maybe because he was deployed when he reenlisted for AD.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmDinger
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Is he trying to go back in?

Apollos82
by Cassie on May. 10, 2012 at 11:25 PM
I've asked a few people and they all said that they or their spouse was able to re-enlist just fine, they just didn't get paid the VA benefit. We already have the pay halted because you can't get paid VA benefits and be getting a paycheck from the military. (At least that's what the form from the VA said.) I wonder...we just got the form mailed off. Perhaps, when that form I filed, the issue will be resolved. Thanks for your input.

Quoting cocoroo:

IDK. My dh was getting a little bit when he was reserves and it wasn't a problem for him going back AD, maybe because he was deployed when he reenlisted for AD.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by Cassie on May. 10, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Yes. He was NG until last month and is now re-enlisting with the Army.

Quoting EmDinger:

Is he trying to go back in?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)