Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

3 Options

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:13 AM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: What's Our best Option

Options:

Fort Sam, Texas

Fort Carson, Colorado

Fort McClellan, Alabama

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 33

View Results

Here is the current 3 location options that they have given us that we could even do, or that my dh doesnt hate the idea of going to, Fort Sam, Fort Carson, or Fort McClellan.

I need opinions, as I said  in another post he probably needs to put something in his contract so theres not a possibility he will get stationed overseas. Oh a big question for me is how are the elementary schools? Oh and I really hate the winter, so should we count out Colorado?

I know zero about any of these duty stations so all your imput would be very much appreciated!

Thanks Ladies! 

EDIT* So it looks like dh prefers Fort Sam, he finally got a detailed email sent to me. Guess that will be our next home in a year! Of course it is the military something could change. Now I gotta start a new post to get all the details! 

by on May. 11, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on May. 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Here's a bump for ya'!

LOswald0314
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Fort Carson!  Even though they have real winters they also have a beautiful fall, spring and summer. I want to retire in Colorado.  I don't know any details about the base though, I've only been there to visit family.

violinjewel
by Julia on May. 11, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Yes! CO is awesome, though I may be biased, lol. I also don't have too many details about post, because my husband is in the Guard, but he does drills and AT there.

Quoting LOswald0314:

Fort Carson!  Even though they have real winters they also have a beautiful fall, spring and summer. I want to retire in Colorado.  I don't know any details about the base though, I've only been there to visit family.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I said for Carson.
I hate Texas. And I live in Alabama right now at Fort Benning. We are right in the border, but yeah......
Plus, we are going to Carson in October and I need friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FIREFOX1336
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:36 PM
We are headed to Colorado this month but we are AF. I used visitmilitarybases.com to research, and google
barrelracer1699
by Chel on May. 11, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I don't know about any of them. But I wouldn't count out CO as Ft Carson is in the southern part and CO is a different winter than others, it is dry!

pittawadda
by on May. 11, 2012 at 4:34 PM
We are at Carson and winter this past year wasn't too bad. I love it here. We were at ft Sam too. Traffic is awful and I didn't like the weather, but there is a lot to do there! But yeah I am for Carson.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on May. 11, 2012 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I said Colorado, I'm a Broncos fan, no other reason. Though Ft Sam is really cool, I went there for my sister's AIT graduation and I love San Antonio. :-)

Whitney15
by on May. 11, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Carson for sure! My brother is stationed there and when I went for a week it was awesome. That's my husbands next station of choice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvMyBoy08
by on May. 11, 2012 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm kinda biased because I'm from Colorado and we're stationed there.....so FORT CARSON!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN