Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Your time on CM

Posted by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:58 PM
  • 25 Replies
Has it made you more cynical (every story is fake - everyone is a troll), or more open-minded after encountering women from varied backgrounds and beliefs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 11, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 11, 2012 at 2:01 PM

It varies...  I am very cynical when it comes to attention type "poor me" stories, but have learned a lot on other subjects that are open for debate. 

I am always open to new facts...

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on May. 11, 2012 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I never know who is really on here, cm. IRL, I have seen all types, and I hold an open mind. No one person has the same story as another, so its always interesting to hear other military spouses stories.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on May. 11, 2012 at 2:03 PM
4 moms liked this
I have always been very cynical. CM hasn't changed me. I just think some of these bitches are crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on May. 11, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Yeah that victim crap is annoying, but sometimes a person is really going through some tough stuff, and I am willing to have compassion for them. One thing I've been noticing is jealous moms, I can just tell. I guess my life is their dreams come true! Lmao

Quoting jas_momof2:

It varies...  I am very cynical when it comes to attention type "poor me" stories, but have learned a lot on other subjects that are open for debate. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on May. 11, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Stop talking about me. You know I want to be just like you when I grow up.

Quoting adrianna1043:

Yeah that victim crap is annoying, but sometimes a person is really going through some tough stuff, and I am willing to have compassion for them. One thing I've been noticing is jealous moms, I can just tell. I guess my life is their dreams come true! Lmao

Quoting jas_momof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 11, 2012 at 2:10 PM

There is a difference though, between someone reaching out cause things are just piling up and the "poor me" posts I have seen... 

I have no doubt that things pile on and people come to vent and seek help and everything else - but there are a LOT more out there who are just attention whores...

Quoting adrianna1043:

Quoting jas_momof2:

vintage-misha
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Quoting jas_momof2:

Follow Me on Pinterest

InMediasRes
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I think after a while you can tell who is being for real and who is just looking for attention. My level of cynicism fluctuates depending on whether I think the person is sincere or if they're just trying to grab the spotlight.

Then there are some posts that I read and think, OMG....there are really people out there who are that stupid??

SierraLynn
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Quoting cocoroo:

I have always been very cynical. CM hasn't changed me. I just think some of these bitches are crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on May. 11, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Attention whores, to just whores! Lol I know what you mean. I avoid that type of interaction.

Quoting jas_momof2:

There is a difference though, between someone reaching out cause things are just piling up and the "poor me" posts I have seen... 

I have no doubt that things pile on and people come to vent and seek help and everything else - but there are a LOT more out there who are just attention whores...

Quoting adrianna1043:

Quoting jas_momof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN