Love hearing that - don't you? *sarcasm*
A little backround - I am 26 weeks pregnant and the baby was diagnosed wtih Ventriculomegaly so I am going back to the states to deliver.
My husbands command tentively maybe just might be able to have him come home for the birth and the possible surgery she will need but again - set in etch a sketch. They are also considering a different work schedule for him for a maybe upcoming det so he can stay on base.
My big frustration is the lack of any info on my side of it. I know on his side he doens't have the info and that that won't come but I have no idea where I will be moving to or even when I just know it's going to be soonish because of flying pregnant. I'm curious if I will be allowed a shipment of household goods? I probably won't be coming back but my husband might not be able to get new orders so I don't want to move everything. But I do want to know if I need to be setting up movers. I'm also wondering if they will allow a DLA. I'm thinking not because it's just me not my sponsor but a girl can hope right?
So I'm here stressing because I'll get to the states and probably have less then a month before the baby trying to find a place to live with no stuff, no spouse, no car and a lot of stress. My sister tells me I'm over stressing about this to try and deflect the stress I'm having about the baby (she's taking psychology classes can you tell?) Which I agree is probably true but even without that it's a lot to think about and worry. I'm also going to be moving with my two year old, should be a fun long flight home!
Sorry about the long rambling rant that probably makes no sense, tried to talk to dh but he has the why worry now mentality and is already exhausted from work right now. 12 hours, 7 days a week right now :(
Anybody have any experiance with ERD?
Finally received an email back from my dr who had made it sound like the hospital administrative department was handling the return but I was wrong. He told me that he talked to my husbands CMC on Friday and now it is up to the command. The CMC is supposed to talk to the CO and go through Bureau of Personel and then hopefully I'll be contacted by the detailer? I still don't have a location or a date and my husband is currently on a Det where I have no way of getting a hold of him and he can't really do much from there anyway. The command has been very busy with an upcoming deployment very soon and getting the jets ready for this current Det and whatnot I really hope something will happen before the boat pulls out but I don't have much faith. I understand that they are dealing with a lot which is why it is so much more frustrating that this wasn't started 6 and half weeks ago when we first found out. Also, my husband might have to go straight from his current location to the boat if the det runs long - I don't know when he is supposed to return if that doesn't happen.
I'm really scared and feel like everybody I talk to is telling me it's up to somebody else to handle. I'm looking into just getting my own ticket home but at this point it is stupidly expensive and I'm not even certain that's where they would send me. I also have to figure out a living situation and car when I get there so I'm really trying not dip into my savings account. We also want to save her cord blood for future treatment.
I just really want to get there and talk to a specialist and get a care plan. We haven't even looked at the baby in three weeks to see if there is growth or not. A lot of these babies are born early, so extra stress wtih each passing day.
I really am trying not to stress but it's getting hard. Every time I think about it I stress and it's getting to the point where every time I stress I start getting braxton hicks.