Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

What do you do as a career/job?

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM
  • 107 Replies
I'm curious what you ladies do (if you work). Do you have a career, or do you just get whatever job you can find when you move?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
violinjewel
by Julia on May. 14, 2012 at 12:22 AM
I'm a stay at home mom, as of two months ago. I had been working at the same place for two years prior to that in the veterinary field, as a customer service rep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I have a job that could turn into a career... I am a counselor at a  mental health day treatment center for youth 12- 18 yrs old

Diatech12
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 1:44 AM
I am a "patient care technician" or dialysis technician. Went to school for it but didn't need to. I plan to make it my career. It's well paying and I like it. BUT DH is getting out soon and I'm the town we will settle in. Not sure if I would be doing this if he was a lifer even though it's a verymobile job.
betsyfaith
by Betsy :) on May. 14, 2012 at 2:35 AM

I work with adults with mental illness, as a case manager.  I generally tell people I'm a social worker tho, it's an easier explanation, haha... but it's not the same, just the easiest "layman's term" for what I do.

MandiFuego
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I'm a nanny 

4messyhair
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:39 AM
I am a single mother of two girls my oldest is in the army I support her 100% I guess mine is a little different because I am the mom of a soldier not a wife but here it goes, I have a nursing degree as an LPN and just recently got my Cosmotologist licence, I love both careers it was hard having a daughter at 17 but managed too go to nursing school then after a 19 year marriage go down the drain did a career change so I can spend more time at home with my kids....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by Cassie on May. 14, 2012 at 2:42 AM
By trade, I am a chef. My current job, though, is front desk at an historic hotel in town. I have also nannied on and off for around 12 years, prior to beginning my training as a chef.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Greco
by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I work for California Department of Corrections, but I'll have to find something else when I move to Bragg in July.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marinewife55
by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:37 AM
I was a nanny for a few years and now I work in a residential treatment center for level 14 severely emotionally disturbed 13-17 year olds full time and I'm also a part time nanny for the kids I used to nanny full time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vintage-misha
by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:42 AM
I'm a mommy and College student.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)