Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Volunteering at ACS

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:47 AM
  • 6 Replies

Does anyone volunteer at ACS? We are stationed overseas and I have been looking for somewhere to volunteer, but when I look on myarmyonesource.com they don't really have anything from my unit available,etc....So, if you do, how did you get started, and do you recommend it??

by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lilnena98
by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:49 AM

No I haven't.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on May. 14, 2012 at 12:01 PM

I'm not sure how it works overseas, but our city has a list of volunteers needed. We do most of our volunteer work for our local animal shelter and DH is also an Arizona Ranger.

usmclife58
by Nikki on May. 14, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I do not know anything about it, but good luck!!

wifeairforce
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM
It can be hard to find stuff but most bases have a FB page when you look them up they have links to other bases in your area and what you can do and how to do it. I was just looking today at Ramstein and found things for the other bases by me hope that helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
betsyfaith
by Betsy :) on May. 14, 2012 at 1:10 PM

hI would just call around, starting with ACS to see what you can do to help.  I would think that if all else fails theres a day care or school that could use volunteers.

InMediasRes
by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:00 PM

If all the other avenues fall through, the chapel might have some outreach programs where they are looking for volunteers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)