Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Having a real Wedding

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:08 PM
  • 21 Replies

So me and my SO have been married six years but we didnt have a wedding we have 4 kids now and have been more in love then we ever have been and I really want to have a wedding but do you gals think its crazy for me to ask him about it or should i hint to him taht I would like to renew our vowls..

by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on May. 14, 2012 at 2:10 PM
I would just ask if it's something you want. We didn't do the real wedding thing, but in the future I wouldn't mind doing a small ceremony. My husband knows that I want one but it will be a while before it happens.
usmclife58
by Nikki on May. 14, 2012 at 2:11 PM
2 moms liked this

I do not think it is ever crazy to have a party...

cocoroo
by Coco on May. 14, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I would ask him if he is interested and willing to spend the money.  My dh and I have been married almost 14 years and didn't have a "real" wedding, but we are just as married as anyone else.  I would rather spend the money for a wedding or vow renewal on something else, like a family vacation. 

blondie.mom
by Charity on May. 14, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Definitely talk to him about it. We didn't have a "real" wedding either, my mom married us in her living room. Later down the road we plan on having a celebration for our anniversary where we renew our vows. More of a reception than a wedding though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on May. 14, 2012 at 2:20 PM
We didn't have a wedding either. If we ever did have a ceremony in the future it would just be us and the kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DizneyMomma2001
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:27 PM

We are having a vow renewal when we reach 20 years.  It's not silly or crazy to want to have the wedding of your dreams.  Look at Mariah Carrey!  She has a different wedding every year!

AriMommy
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:38 PM

We eloped in September 2011, but want to have a "real wedding" in September 2013. I don't think it's crazy at all.  Talk to your DH.  :)

grlygrlz2
by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:32 PM

If it is what you want, you need to talk to him about it and explain why it is important to you.. Good Luck!

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on May. 14, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Same for us. Maybe a wedding/vow renewal to mark an anniversary ... ocean-side, just us, the kids and the officiant.

Quoting adrianna1043:

We didn't have a wedding either. If we ever did have a ceremony in the future it would just be us and the kids.

LOswald0314
by on May. 14, 2012 at 7:17 PM
I don't think it's crazy at all. A vow renewal ceremony is a great idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)