Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

new to this

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:53 PM
  • 21 Replies

Hi, I'm an army reservist in Colorado, about to get out though... I have 2 children, a 7 year old girl and a 4 month old boy. My SO has been in the national guard for 8 years now, and just reenlisted. He's really wanting to go active, but as an E6 with the downsizing it's not likely for now. He says he'll jump at the chance, if it comes up, and I love him so I'll support him in whatever he wants to do. Anyways, my other groups seem to be going through a drama stage and I wanted to find some saner mommies to talk to who I may have things in common with.

I'm an aircraft structural repairer (like body work on helos) and I'm also going to school persuing a nursing degree. For my everyday job I'm a housekeeper at the local hospital in the maternity ward. It sounds like a cruddy job but I enjoy it and I love seeing all the new babies every day. I don't like drama and I'm not here to ruffle any feathers. So... Hello :)

by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on May. 14, 2012 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group!
violinjewel
by Julia on May. 14, 2012 at 5:02 PM
Welcome to the group! My husband is in the National Guard here in CO too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by Just Me on May. 14, 2012 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on May. 14, 2012 at 5:04 PM
I wanted to work on planes... specifically hydraylics. But, I am completely un-handy when it comes to using tools. I can't even put ikea furniture together very well. I opted for personnelist in the AF Guard. Maybe I'll be open to cross trainning one day. lol.... Has your SO tried an AGR or tech slots?
mama_grizz
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Awesome! Where at? My SO is in Longmont, I'm a little more north of him in Greeley.

Quoting violinjewel:

mama_grizz
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Hydraulics are too complicated for me lol. I just play with sheetmetal and fabricate stuff, fix broken pieces and whatnot. Pretty easy. I've just got no passion for flight, so it's not for me. I'm in a medivac unit though, so it's opened my eyes to medical careers, and talking with some of the medics has given me a pretty straight path toward my goal.

I know he's tried for at least one full time training job, but it required him to go to the board and he didn't get it. I'm not sure what else he's done, but he is a frequent harasser at the recruiting office lol. I've been looking on the usajobs site for him, but I haven't found anything he's qualified and/or willing to do.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

I wanted to work on planes... specifically hydraylics. But, I am completely un-handy when it comes to using tools. I can't even put ikea furniture together very well. I opted for personnelist in the AF Guard. Maybe I'll be open to cross trainning one day. lol.... Has your SO tried an AGR or tech slots?

violinjewel
by Julia on May. 14, 2012 at 5:31 PM
In Pueblo. We live in Denver though.

Quoting mama_grizz:

Awesome! Where at? My SO is in Longmont, I'm a little more north of him in Greeley.

Quoting violinjewel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_grizz
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Wow, that's a ways lol. I drill in Carson, though, so I feel ya. Takes about 2 hours or so to get there, and I gotta be there before 0730 :/ tiring lol. It'll be nice when I don't drill anymore.

Quoting violinjewel:

Quoting mama_grizz:

Quoting violinjewel:

blondie.mom
by Charity on May. 14, 2012 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on May. 14, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Yea, usually they start drills Friday night. If he has to be there early on Sat, he tries to go down Fri after work, and stays with a friend, or if we have extra money he gets a hotel room. He did that more in the winter if it was suppose to snow or something though.

Quoting mama_grizz:

Wow, that's a ways lol. I drill in Carson, though, so I feel ya. Takes about 2 hours or so to get there, and I gotta be there before 0730 :/ tiring lol. It'll be nice when I don't drill anymore.

Quoting violinjewel:

Quoting mama_grizz:

Quoting violinjewel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN