Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child care around Ft. Hood...

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:28 PM
  • 12 Replies

Does anyone know how that child care around Ft. Hood is? I am doing home day care there and want to know what I'm up against. I want to get kids fast because I will be bored if I'm just at home doing nothing for the first few months...

by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbriCrazy
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:38 PM
You need to be certified by the state. First aid and cpr cert are needed as well. Without those, no one will let you watch their kids.

Not sure what the going rate is for a babysitter because I have a nanny. Sorry. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiLsMaMa21
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Quoting AbriCrazy:

You need to be certified by the state. First aid and cpr cert are needed as well. Without those, no one will let you watch their kids.

Not sure what the going rate is for a babysitter because I have a nanny. Sorry. Good luck.

I'm going through all that soon... I just need to get some kiddos lined up...but I'm jumping the gun and being a little impatient. Lol
SusanD
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Daycares in the area charge around 85-90/wk for pottytrained kiddos (off post). Before/after school at daycares runs around 45-65/mo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiLsMaMa21
by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Quoting SusanD:

Daycares in the area charge around 85-90/wk for pottytrained kiddos (off post). Before/after school at daycares runs around 45-65/mo.

Wow! That's cheap!
SusanD
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 5:08 PM

THats what I have paid in the recent past. As for care for children who are in diapers, I'm not sure what the cost is for that as my youngest hasn't been in diapers in a few years, and when he was he went to an on-post FCC provider.

xxlilmomma09
by on May. 16, 2012 at 3:02 AM
1 mom liked this
You need to get your certifications BEFORE enrolling children. Your certification and stuff will take months to complete.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiLsMaMa21
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Quoting xxlilmomma09:

You need to get your certifications BEFORE enrolling children. Your certification and stuff will take months to complete.

Do you do home day care too? It doesn't take to long to get certified, but getting cpr and first aid and having your first inspection and sll that make it take a little longer. I'm getting certified online. I'm ready to get things going now but don't have my address because we haven't moved yet so it's kinda hard.
grlygrlz2
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Look into sittercity.com. Free for military. Once you are licensed, they will reference you to military parents looking for childcare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxlilmomma09
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:25 AM
It takes a lot longer to get approved then you think.

Are you planning on living on post or off post?

Quoting LiLsMaMa21:

Quoting xxlilmomma09:

Do you do home day care too? It doesn't take to long to get certified, but getting cpr and first aid and having your first inspection and sll that make it take a little longer. I'm getting certified online. I'm ready to get things going now but don't have my address because we haven't moved yet so it's kinda hard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiLsMaMa21
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:37 AM
Quoting xxlilmomma09:

off
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)