Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Old school frustrations?

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:10 PM
  • 56 Replies

I know there are some old timers in here, so let me run this by you ... 

DH has become increasingly frustrated with work. So much so, that he's coming home angry and frazzled. We talked about it and it seems that he's thrown in the towel. Where he once used to make great efforts in helping to shape our future military leaders, he now feels defeated and hopeless. 

He said that never in his life has he encountered so much stupidity, laziness, complacency, self-entitlement, disorganization, lack of communication and disregard for team development. He also said that so many of the soldiers he encounters (both peers and students) have their personal lives so incredibly fucked up, it's nearly impossible for them to put mission first ... too much time, money and resources are being invested into these soldiers and consequently, their focus and direction isn't where it should be.

How do your husbands feel about the "new" military? Do they have similar frustrations?  

by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviasMommy611
by Brittney on May. 15, 2012 at 3:11 PM
My husband feels the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vintage-misha
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Mine has only been in for almost 10, but he thinks the new AF recruits are all shit. They have no work ethic and are increasingly lazy. 

betsyfaith
by Betsy :) on May. 15, 2012 at 3:13 PM
2 moms liked this
I would say it sounds like burn out....but it seems to be the most common complaint...I truly think that sadly its not just the military, its the current generation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
betsyfaith
by Betsy :) on May. 15, 2012 at 3:13 PM
I would say it sounds like burn out....but it seems to be the most common complaint...I truly think that sadly its not just the military, its the current generation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on May. 15, 2012 at 3:13 PM
My husband felt like that at his last unit. Most of them were young and on their first contracts and most likely their last. His new unit is mostly SNCOs that are career marines and really don't stand for it. With all the downsizing... maybe it gets better and they try to keep quality personnel hopefully.
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on May. 15, 2012 at 3:13 PM
3 moms liked this
That's the new techy, helicopter mom, spoiled brat generation coming up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lwalker270
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:18 PM

My husband says in his experience, the younger generation has little-to-no work ethic and lacks critical-thinking skills.

cocoroo
by Coco on May. 15, 2012 at 3:18 PM
My dh hates it. He hates the laziness and all the other BS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Miller11
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:22 PM

my husband feels the same way.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 15, 2012 at 3:29 PM

My dh is right there with yours...  He's literally counting down the time left until he retires...  Something he's never done.  He enjoyed going to work, he enjoys what he does...  Not these days...  Too much drama...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)