Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I love my husband more than you love yours.

Posted by   + Show Post
http://theycallmedependent.com/2012/05/03/confessions-of-a-milspouse-i-love-my-husband-more-than-you-love-yours/

Good read especially for new spouses...if someone could hyperlink? Pretty please?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Replies (71-80):
vintage-misha
by on May. 19, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Holy fuckballs...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on May. 19, 2012 at 11:36 AM
3 moms liked this
Wow, some of you need a life outside of CM. I'd rather be a rabid wolf than a mindless sheep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbriCrazy
by on May. 20, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Quoting afwifey4510:

I didn't "jump in". I gave you fair warning. Lol

Maddies_mom101
by on May. 20, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Quoting CPOsWife:

I like it. But my question is... What phase am I in right now? Cause seriously... This is my first deployment, but I was a "navy" brat. So I was slightly prepared... I didn't ask him to stay, as a matter of fact, this deployment was an option until he threw his name in the hat, and of course he talked to me about it first, and I told him to go. Not because I wanted him to go, but because I knew he wouldn't be talking to me about it if he didn't want to go. I bawled like a baby when he left, was an emotional roller coaster for two weeks and finally pulled myself together. But at no point did I stop living my life. I've taken every day in stride and try to enjoy my time with my kids. So I am a new wife... I can't picture planning vacations while saying goodbye to my husband, but I also won't allow my world to revolve around him... I've got plenty planned for his time away, but I made those plans while he was at work before deployment or after he left.

are you seriously basing your "phase" off a blog?  you sound like you are doing just fine with his deployment and taking care of your family

Maddies_mom101
by on May. 20, 2012 at 7:17 PM

hell yes  COUGARS RULE!

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

I prefer cougar.

Oddy_Knocky
by on May. 20, 2012 at 7:48 PM
3 moms liked this
Too many years and too many deployments have passed for me to give a flying fuck about the blog but if you found it useful then I'm sure others will too so thanks for sharing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asaffell
by Ashley on May. 20, 2012 at 7:57 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL *dead*

I'm sorry, but I would say the woman who has been through more deployments than me knows more about it than I do. This is called learning from experience and listening to those who have done it. It shows HUMILITY and teachability. 

Quoting LondonsMomma84:

OP you will soon learn that you can't disagree with SJ or any of the old timers in this group without having a pack of rabid wolves jump you and pick your bones clean.

And playing the "don't talk to me about your measly two deployments" or "trust me you don'y want to go down the deployment road with me" bit (SJ) is stupid. We all know. Your life is a million times harder than any other military wife's life and you have been through more hard times than anyone. By all means keep reminding us.

VforVantrice
by on May. 20, 2012 at 8:01 PM

I thought it was at least a good read.. *ducks head*

I haven't been through a deployment yet (I will this year though) so it was nice to read.  But who knows how I will actually handle it. 

Oddy_Knocky
by on May. 20, 2012 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this
You'll amaze yourself at how strong you actually are and you'll do fine.

Quoting VforVantrice:

I thought it was at least a good read.. *ducks head*

I haven't been through a deployment yet (I will this year though) so it was nice to read.  But who knows how I will actually handle it. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2012 at 8:26 PM
What.The.F**k?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)