Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

USS New York - Navy Mom

Posted by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM
  • 4 Replies

This has been an extremley difficult year to date, my oldest son graduated PIR end Oct and reported to Norfolk on the USS New York. They deployed to the Mediteranean end March but are now somewhere in the Persian Gulf. Latest update from Navy is training Yemen - whatever that means.  Missing him something awful. 

My youngest and baby just turned 19 yesterday. Tommy is attending college (home now for summer) but lives on campus for semesters - studying radiology. So proud of both my sons for the men they are becoming. But have been into sports with the boys all during HS and active in the school community - it's been hard as an emptynester. 

I try to keep myself occupied with church's Women's Guild and enjoy scrapbooking and especially quilting. The nice weather has arrived and I hope to get more into my gardening and then of course there is always the beach. My husband retired from FDNY as a firefighter after 9/11 and we relocated to Mass from NY.  I believe in divine intervention with my son being assigned to the USS New York built from steel of the WTC - being a native New Yorker both my husband and I feel it is an honor that my son serves on the maiden voyage of this ship.  yellow ribbon

by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on May. 18, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Welcome to MM!

amonkeymom
by on May. 18, 2012 at 2:14 PM

welcome

jason1993
by on May. 20, 2012 at 10:22 AM

My son just joined the navy and will be leaving for training in October...This is all new to me but I am very proud of him for his choice to join.  I will have 2 more more at home to keep me busy with sports for the next 8 years at least! Keeping busy what you enjoy will help ease into the transition of your new life journey.

bamababe1975
by on May. 20, 2012 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)