Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Alone time with DH? Now that you have kids..

Posted by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:09 PM
  • 36 Replies
Hi ladies, Do you still have alone time with your DHs , now that you have a kid, or children, if so, what do you do to spend that time together? As for me, we are stationed here in VA, i have no family and friends here, so we can never leave our DH alone. So we never get to have that quality hubby wifey time 😔
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
violinjewel
by Julia on May. 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM
We do get alone time. It's just how we plan it and when. We like being together as a family, it makes us happy. I think we have a good proportion of alone and family time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennyCaps
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:17 PM
I can count on one hand how many times we have got to go out alone since ds (2 1/2) was born... We will be going to visit my family this summer and I can't wait for one or two nights alone with dh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on May. 18, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Kids have not changed that for us. 

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on May. 18, 2012 at 11:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Put the kids to bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:49 PM

we always made time for us.... now is another story  and we live next to family

Bknotnobody
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2012 at 11:50 PM
We found a sitter :-). Also when the kiddo goes to bed we make us time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
youngmami07
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM
I don't have any friends or family around but we still make time for each other. After the kids go to bed we spend time watching tv/rent a movie, Trade massages, shower together. As much as we would looooove a date night, we make time for each other at home whenever we can.
DizneyMomma2001
by on May. 18, 2012 at 11:57 PM

This is something we work on.  We find a sitter or we put our kiddos to bed and then have our alone time that way.

blondie.mom
by Charity on May. 19, 2012 at 12:14 AM
We don't have any family or friends in the area. But we still manage our alone times when the kids are in bed. Yds (18mo) has just started sleeping more than 4 hours so it's even better! Not Having a babysitter shouldn't get in the way of alone time, it just makes it so you have to more creative about it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Believe86
by on May. 19, 2012 at 12:44 AM
We make sure that we have alone time. Whether it's when she's sleep or if we plan aa date night. We have a really great babysitter,so at least once a month she watches our daughter while we're out. It is mandatory.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN