Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

my daughter is scared

Posted by on May. 19, 2012 at 9:13 PM
  • 9 Replies

what advice can i give my daughter to make her feel better bout the decision she made to go into the air force was your kids scared of deployment.

by on May. 19, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BompsMum
by on May. 19, 2012 at 9:15 PM

no clue because i am married to someone in the military but i wish your daughter good luck and thank her for her service!

leanne.komnick
by on May. 19, 2012 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I loved my time in the air force. I met some of my best friends while in that I still stay in contact with. What is she scared of? I deployed only once and I had a great time. I was in Qatar and met great friends and got to go and see Doha. What is her AFSC?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on May. 19, 2012 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Every member Ive talked to will admit some level of fear but do also honestly feel some want to experience deployment as well. What will be her job? AF deploys but depending on her AFSC aka job she might have several tasks (getting her 5 level or certain schools) before she is even eligible to deploy. It all depends. But its part of the commitment as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pugsmuggler
by on May. 19, 2012 at 11:45 PM
It is a huge life change. Support her, tell her how proud you are and that you know she is strong enough to do anything. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2012 at 11:59 PM

welcomeNice to meet you! Just be there for her as she makes her decision!

barrelracer1699
by Chel on May. 20, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I don't know so I hope some other ladies have some more advice for you!

creoletexan
by Member on May. 20, 2012 at 12:25 AM
USAF deployment is not as "bad" as other branches depending on your job and comfort level. My husband has deployed twice and I was able to visit him in S Korea. We talked almost everyday via email or Skype. My older brother is also USAF and has deployed to the desert, but weirdly, he thought it was cool. He's not stationed in Europe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by on May. 20, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Let her know you're proud of her and that she's amazing for signing up. Tell her that she may not be deployed for some time, if ever, but that if that day comes, she'll do fine. Show her that you love her and support her. She'll get over the butterflies once she goes and when deployment comes, if it does, she'll fall back on her training and do her job. :)

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

lelee46
by on May. 25, 2012 at 11:25 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN