Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

oops, my bad!!!

Posted by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:09 PM
  • 14 Replies
My DH is gonna kill me. I finally got my act together today to get all our I'D cards. I called the office to see what all I need. And found out I need a POA to get my sons I'D since I don't have an 1172 for him. And since my and DDs 1172s are over 90 days old, I have to get new ones.

DH is going to kill me. He's in AIT so he doesn't get tome to go take care of paperwork. He's got pay issues, issues submitting his citizenship papers, and now this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DizneyMomma2001
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

How old is your DS? 

I didn't get my oldest her ID card until she was 10. 

barrelracer1699
by Chel on May. 21, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Whoops! Yea I went to get my ID renewed today and they said I needed my husband or POA or the paperwork filled out by my husband! Yep wasted trip.

akgraff
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this

That's what I was thinking...It's not necassary until they are 10.

SandraJo
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:45 PM
I have no idea. She said all dependents, regardless of age get a dependent card. When they turn 10, they get a dependent card.

I was like, huh? So, everybody gets a dependent card? Is there a special one at age 10? Makes no sense to me.

Quoting akgraff:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fisterswife
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:48 PM
Every dependent gets the same kinda card.

Quoting SandraJo:

I have no idea. She said all dependents, regardless of age get a dependent card. When they turn 10, they get a dependent card.

I was like, huh? So, everybody gets a dependent card? Is there a special one at age 10? Makes no sense to me.

Quoting akgraff:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SandraJo
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Yeah, I know that. It just seems....redundant. why not just say all dependents get I'd cards, regardless of age.

Quoting fisterswife:

Quoting SandraJo:

Quoting akgraff:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on May. 21, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Everyone is right... Your child gets an actually ID card if they are 10. How old are your children?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DizneyMomma2001
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I think what the woman you spoke to ment was this.

All wives/husbands must have a dependent card.  Children however do not typically get them until age 10 unless their parent's are divorced (in which case it helps for Tri-Care).

Out of our family only DH, myself and our oldest DD have ID card's from the military. 

Quoting SandraJo:

Quoting akgraff:

DizneyMomma2001
by on May. 21, 2012 at 5:59 PM

We are all enrolled in DEERS regardless of age (newborn to death/divorce/seperation from branch of service).  All dependents do not get them though until they reach a certian age.  I've asked questions in regards to the policy and was simply told "That's the way we've been doing it."  It's the military, it's not ment to make sense.

Basically though, if you have your POA along with the other paperwork they need (for us it's a copy of his orders) then you should have no problem getting your's.  Don't stress about getting them for your LO's until they are 10.

Quoting SandraJo:

Yeah, I know that. It just seems....redundant. why not just say all dependents get I'd cards, regardless of age.

Quoting fisterswife:

Quoting SandraJo:

Quoting akgraff:

SandraJo
by on May. 21, 2012 at 7:28 PM
It's the military, It's not meant to make sense

I know exactly what you mean!!

I'm not worried about the kids I'ds. As long as I can make them doctors appts and show they have tricare, I'm happy.

Quoting DizneyMomma2001:

We are all enrolled in DEERS regardless of age (newborn to death/divorce/seperation from branch of service).  All dependents do not get them though until they reach a certian age.  I've asked questions in regards to the policy and was simply told "That's the way we've been doing it."  It's the military, it's not ment to make sense.

Basically though, if you have your POA along with the other paperwork they need (for us it's a copy of his orders) then you should have no problem getting your's.  Don't stress about getting them for your LO's until they are 10.

Quoting SandraJo:

Quoting fisterswife:

Quoting SandraJo:

Quoting akgraff:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)