Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Question for active duty mamas

Posted by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM
  • 18 Replies
How many hours a day are/is your children/child in daycare? I am doing home daycare near Ft. Hood in a few months and I'm trying to figure out open and close times. Df says I should do 5am to 6pm because of pt and all that for mil on mil couples.
by on May. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
violinjewel
by Julia on May. 22, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Don't know, bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on May. 22, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Not a clue. But have you called your unit to see what your hours are like? Maybe you can ask a sponsor if you have one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OWings5
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine is in daycare from 0545-1730 most days. Both me and dh are active duty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiLsMaMa21
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Not a clue. But have you called your unit to see what your hours are like? Maybe you can ask a sponsor if you have one.

I'm not in the military...df is.
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on May. 22, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Then he should call his unit. Like my husbands new unit does pt on their own... While his last unit did it all the time. He called before we PCSed to get a feel of what to expect. Would you guys be married before you move? Then if you have an ID then you can also pick her up.

Quoting LiLsMaMa21:

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

I'm not in the military...df is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CPOsWife
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:29 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm not in the military, but there was a time I was working 12 hour days. We needed a sitter from 7-7. So I would say be open 6-6 but offer early drop off and late pick up for a little extra.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Whitney15
by on May. 22, 2012 at 10:31 AM
I did one at sill before hubby left. I did from 5am-6:30pm. It seemed to work out well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on May. 22, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I think you should take it on a case by case basis. I did daycare and had the kids from 0630-1630 usually, but I had to adjust to some days. Another kid I had from 0730-1530 because the mom was a teacher. If her husband had to pick the kid up, they would call and let me know they would be late. I think you could lose out on some clients if you get too strict with timing. 

lilnena98
by on May. 22, 2012 at 11:06 AM

When I was in the babysitter we used was open from 530-530. However, she did allow early drop off and late pick up if you talked to her. It worked out good.

ang84
by on May. 22, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Our day care is open from 0600-1800 we are both active duty as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)