Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families
What are the Army's rules for posting, in a public forum, pics of military personnel in their uniforms, if any? I thought the name and/or rank had to be blurred, but is that just a good idea and not the "rule"?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:12 AM
Replies (21-30):
kmorales7690
by Member on May. 24, 2012 at 12:34 AM

see now i wanna know what post it was so that i can see the short pants. hmm,  dont see why she got offended though, arent we given rules just like them in OPSEC? its part of being in the life of someone in military

Quoting Apollos82:

I can see that. I was pretty blunt when I first commented on her post, and I later apologized for being so abrasive, but I still hold to it being a baaaad idea on her part.

Quoting ninja_squirrel:

She must be pretty new to the whole thing and probably was offended when you mentioned it. I was like that a long time ago, then I grew up and took advice from anyone I could.

Quoting Apollos82:

That's what I thought, too! She isn't exercising good PERSEC, if not OPSEC..I mentioned that to her, but apparently, a Sgt not caring about a Facebook pic is permission enough.

Quoting ninja_squirrel:

Lmao, I would blur his last name bc now her whole family is out there and with one click I know they are at Bragg...it would be pretty quick to find her husband =\.

Quoting Apollos82:

Now that I've seen it, I just can't stop looking. It's like a train wreck. lol

Quoting ninja_squirrel:

My dh is always pointing out uniform fails, so it was the first thing I noticed Lmao.

Quoting Apollos82:

Oh, my gosh! SOOO short! You're right! lol I didn't even notice.

Quoting ninja_squirrel:

His pants are also really short...it was bothering me lol.

Apollos82
by Cassie on May. 24, 2012 at 12:35 AM
Totally makes sense! On a public forum those details totally add up. Fast!

Quoting ninja_squirrel:

You know I just thought about it, fb and this site are totally different. FB already has his last name up there, so people can look for him and find him on there...no biggie. But this site isn't completely private, like he can make his fb page. If it was that easy for me to find them, anyone can. That is pretty scary....I hope that made sense lol.

Quoting Apollos82:

That's what I thought, too! She isn't exercising good PERSEC, if not OPSEC..I mentioned that to her, but apparently, a Sgt not caring about a Facebook pic is permission enough.

Quoting ninja_squirrel:

Lmao, I would blur his last name bc now her whole family is out there and with one click I know they are at Bragg...it would be pretty quick to find her husband =\.

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting ninja_squirrel:

My dh is always pointing out uniform fails, so it was the first thing I noticed Lmao.

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting ninja_squirrel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by Cassie on May. 24, 2012 at 12:36 AM
It's a family picture post in newcomers.

Quoting kmorales7690:

see now i wanna know what post it was so that i can see the short pants. hmm,  dont see why she got offended though, arent we given rules just like them in OPSEC? its part of being in the life of someone in military

Quoting Apollos82:

I can see that. I was pretty blunt when I first commented on her post, and I later apologized for being so abrasive, but I still hold to it being a baaaad idea on her part.

Quoting ninja_squirrel:

She must be pretty new to the whole thing and probably was offended when you mentioned it. I was like that a long time ago, then I grew up and took advice from anyone I could.

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting ninja_squirrel:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting ninja_squirrel:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting ninja_squirrel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Member on May. 24, 2012 at 12:37 AM

well they are!! i mean when i first came here, i was newly pregnant with my first child and everyone was so helpful and friendly, now you cant even say your husband is IN the army without someone calling him a murderous pig, even if he has never been deployed to a "war zone" and has never shot anyone ever!! 

Quoting Apollos82:

lol @ crazy butt hurt women! You're so right! Not to mention that now your husband's name and rank are out there... Yikes!

Quoting kmorales7690:

yes it is! which is why for the past few weeks i've been seriously considering creating a new account and deleting this one, my screen name seems way too personal. and is the username i use for a lot of things, which is why i chose it in the first place, which was fine when i first came to this site because two years ago it wasnt full of a bunch of crazy butt hurt women. now i feel a little vulerable! 

Quoting Apollos82:

That's a cute pic...and it's good you can't see his name, at least...but isn't it the same as your SN last name?

See--this is where people can get into trouble... :( All the details add up fast.

This pic in NC was pretty blatant. It was like Blammy! Name! lol

Quoting kmorales7690:

its VERY rare that i post pics of hubs in uniform, but when i do its usually of he and i embracing so the tape isnt visible, like this one well i guess you can see the rank on the hat still :/

kmorales7690
by Member on May. 24, 2012 at 12:38 AM

ahh gotcha!! yea my husband doesnt really like the uniform enough to have pictures of it anyways lol 

Quoting Apollos82:

It's a family picture post in newcomers.

Quoting kmorales7690:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting ninja_squirrel:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting ninja_squirrel:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting ninja_squirrel:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting ninja_squirrel:

Apollos82
by Cassie on May. 24, 2012 at 12:40 AM
That's nuts!!

I've found good and bad here, and the bad has almost always come about from my own doing and stupidity. I'm learning how to communicate better. lol

Quoting kmorales7690:

well they are!! i mean when i first came here, i was newly pregnant with my first child and everyone was so helpful and friendly, now you cant even say your husband is IN the army without someone calling him a murderous pig, even if he has never been deployed to a "war zone" and has never shot anyone ever!! 

Quoting Apollos82:

lol @ crazy butt hurt women! You're so right! Not to mention that now your husband's name and rank are out there... Yikes!

Quoting kmorales7690:

yes it is! which is why for the past few weeks i've been seriously considering creating a new account and deleting this one, my screen name seems way too personal. and is the username i use for a lot of things, which is why i chose it in the first place, which was fine when i first came to this site because two years ago it wasnt full of a bunch of crazy butt hurt women. now i feel a little vulerable! 

Quoting Apollos82:

That's a cute pic...and it's good you can't see his name, at least...but isn't it the same as your SN last name?

See--this is where people can get into trouble... :( All the details add up fast.

Quoting kmorales7690:

its VERY rare that i post pics of hubs in uniform, but when i do its usually of he and i embracing so the tape isnt visible, like this one well i guess you can see the rank on the hat still :/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ninja_squirrel
by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Yup, or being told the only reason your (general) husband joined the military was bc he has a low iq and the military in general is only for idiots. That lady pissed me off! My dh is really smart!

Quoting kmorales7690:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting kmorales7690:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting kmorales7690:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by Cassie on May. 24, 2012 at 12:41 AM
Thems fighting' words!!

Quoting ninja_squirrel:

Yup, or being told the only reason your (general) husband joined the military was bc he has a low iq and the military in general is only for idiots. That lady pissed me off! My dh is really smart!

Quoting kmorales7690:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting kmorales7690:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting kmorales7690:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Member on May. 24, 2012 at 12:42 AM

oh i'll be the first to admit that my words dont always come out like they sound in my head! lol i'm not great at communication! 

Quoting Apollos82:

That's nuts!!

I've found good and bad here, and the bad has almost always come about from my own doing and stupidity. I'm learning how to communicate better. lol

Quoting kmorales7690:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting kmorales7690:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting kmorales7690:

ninja_squirrel
by on May. 24, 2012 at 12:43 AM
It was posted in mom confessions a couple days ago. A woman actually said she would rather her daughter work at mcdonalds than join the military, and if she does join the mom refuses to support her.

Quoting Apollos82:

Thems fighting' words!!

Quoting ninja_squirrel:

Quoting kmorales7690:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting kmorales7690:

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting kmorales7690:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)