Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

kicking down some knowledge. ** feel free to add your own

Posted by on May. 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM
  • 70 Replies
3 moms liked this
I get tired of reading the same thing over and over. Here are a few things you should know.***

There will be times that your husband will be gone. When he is deployed, other than a dire situation, he will most likely NOT come home.

Please do NOT go to his CoC for stupid bullshit.

Stop complaining about housing, the commissary or any services offered on post. Remember, they are called "Privileges" They can and will be revoked at any time.

Don't call or text your husband a 1000x a day. If he's not answering or replying that usually means he's busy doing something, in formation or a brief. I'm sure he will call/reply when he has a free moment. If he doesn't, that does NOT mean to come up to his work place looking for him. Ps. Arguing with him in the parking lot of his work place, during the duty day, will only get him laughed at.

Be cautious of what you say and do on post and off. No, you are not the SM but your actions reflect on him.

Just because you are the Base Commanders wife, doesn't mean you are untouchable. Stealing from the BX will get you arrested, no matter who you are married to.

The open door policy applies to the SM, not you.

PAY YOUR BILLS!!!!
I can't stress this enough. No, you DON'T need a new Coach purse. You DO need Electricity, Water and FOOD.

Be prepared to be alone at times.

Get used to disappointment.

Mission will always come first, no matter what.

Just because your husband works with females doesn't mean he's sleeping with them.

Start a savings, shit happens and the CoC gets tired of you coming in every other month with excuses on why you can't pay your bills.

Your husband wears the rank, not you.

Stop wearing his PTs!! You look like a dipshit walking around town with them on.

Being a wife is NOT the hardest job in the military.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on May. 27, 2012 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Well said. Knowledge is for sharing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on May. 27, 2012 at 12:25 PM
3 moms liked this
But, I love wearing PT's with my Coach purse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on May. 27, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Is it camo colored? That would be cute.

Quoting cocoroo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vintage-misha
by on May. 27, 2012 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

where's the knowledge about multiple fake personalities and how to keep them all straight... 

AbriCrazy
by on May. 27, 2012 at 12:41 PM
I don't know, Misha. You tell me.

Quoting vintage-misha:

where's the knowledge about multiple fake personalities and how to keep them all straight... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbriCrazy
by on May. 27, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Lol That's hot.

Quoting cocoroo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilnena98
by on May. 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I agree

OWings5
by on May. 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
If you are in the permanent personnel line at the exchange and you aren't wearing the uniform you are wrong. That line is for the SMs during their working hours so they can get back to work as fast as possible, not for dependapotomusses and their three baskets of heaven knows what and 45 children
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AbriCrazy
by on May. 27, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Ha!

Quoting OWings5:

If you are in the permanent personnel line at the exchange and you aren't wearing the uniform you are wrong. That line is for the SMs during their working hours so they can get back to work as fast as possible, not for dependapotomusses and their three baskets of heaven knows what and 45 children
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OWings5
by on May. 27, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Drives me crazy when I got permission to run and get some quick pick me ups for the shop and it turns into a twelve hour ordeal because the spouse in front of me doesn't grasp that she isn't stationed here her dh is.

Quoting AbriCrazy:

Ha!

Quoting OWings5:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN