Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Tricare....? HELP!

Posted by on May. 28, 2012 at 12:54 AM
  • 22 Replies
Has anyone's child had a surgery that TRICARE approved and then received one of the monthly statements from Tricare that says "this is not a bill" and it says you OWE and Tricare paid nothing even though TRICARE Authorized the surgery?!?!

My son had to have his eartube removed because it was stuck and I just got a statement from tricare saying that i owe a crap load of money and they paid nothing? I'm very confused... I have not received a bill from children's hospital OR my sons ENT doctor..... Obviouslly going to be calling Tricare Tuesday but yea.... Just thought I would ask.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 28, 2012 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on May. 28, 2012 at 1:13 AM
Never had surgery on Tricare... Hope someone has info on here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LADY_V088
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2012 at 1:18 AM
Thanks! I'm freaking out! It's an astronomical amount of money (well in my eyes it is)!

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marine.wifey
by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:22 AM
This has happened to me before except it wasn't for surgery. I received it because my procedure had not been processed through tricare before they sent out the statement. It's just a letter basically telling you it's been submitted to your insurance but we don't have a total for you yet... If I'm making sense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on May. 28, 2012 at 1:24 AM
I totally feel for you. My last private insurance use toi have me pay like prescriptions up front then send me a check for 90% of it. When I got sick and was given medication I was like WHAT.... I freaked. If anything you will be calling Tricare soon.
Quoting LADY_V088:

Thanks! I'm freaking out! It's an astronomical amount of money (well in my eyes it is)!

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LADY_V088
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2012 at 1:27 AM
His surgery was april 3 though.... And i just got the statement from Tricare the one that says "this is not a bill" .... It has the breakdown of all the medical prpcedures (labwork, surgery, dr visit etc)....But i have not received a letter saying it's in authroization or has been submitted... ?

Quoting marine.wifey:

This has happened to me before except it wasn't for surgery. I received it because my procedure had not been processed through tricare before they sent out the statement. It's just a letter basically telling you it's been submitted to your insurance but we don't have a total for you yet... If I'm making sense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ninja_squirrel
by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:27 AM
I would call and ask...on our move across country, I had to go to an E.R. and tricare said oh yeah we will cover that...I'm being charged $500! It's not a whole lot of money, but still...tricare already said they would cover it. My husband and I both called them and we are just getting crap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LADY_V088
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2012 at 1:28 AM
Def calling them on tuesday bright an early!!!!

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

I totally feel for you. My last private insurance use toi have me pay like prescriptions up front then send me a check for 90% of it. When I got sick and was given medication I was like WHAT.... I freaked. If anything you will be calling Tricare soon.
Quoting LADY_V088:

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Kara on May. 28, 2012 at 1:29 AM
Yep. Sometimes things get worked through in the wrong order. It won't hurt to call Tricare Tuesday but I bet in a week or so it all gets sorted out on its own.

Quoting marine.wifey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LADY_V088
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2012 at 1:30 AM
That friggin sucks!!!! BIG TIME!!! :X any bit of money you aren't expecting to pay and then it shows up on your doorstep SUCKS!!!

Quoting ninja_squirrel:

I would call and ask...on our move across country, I had to go to an E.R. and tricare said oh yeah we will cover that...I'm being charged $500! It's not a whole lot of money, but still...tricare already said they would cover it. My husband and I both called them and we are just getting crap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LADY_V088
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2012 at 1:31 AM
I hope so! That is a little reassuring! Thank you!

Quoting JMmama:

Yep. Sometimes things get worked through in the wrong order. It won't hurt to call Tricare Tuesday but I bet in a week or so it all gets sorted out on its own.

Quoting marine.wifey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)