Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

He's at "A" School :'(

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 12:39 AM
  • 24 Replies

Hi everyone my name is Brittany Browning, I'm a Coast Guard wife. We are newly weds, only been married for 3 months!!! My husband is in Petaluma California right now at "A" School. We have a 6 month old baby and it's VERY hard having my hubby gone..... I miss him soooo much!!! Will this feeling get any better :'(

by on May. 29, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HollyBoBolly
by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Hi Brittany.  Welcome. My brother is USCG and actually just left Petaluma for San Francisco. Apparently there is nothing up there.  At least for him.  Where do you live?

Soniam301
by Sonia on May. 29, 2012 at 1:44 AM
2 moms liked this
keep busy. that will help. But for me it hasn't gotten better...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on May. 29, 2012 at 1:57 AM
It seems for me that you just adjust and get use to it. But stay busy and communicate with each other as much as you can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondie.mom
by Charity on May. 29, 2012 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I answered your other post :) but I'll say again that you get used to it. It sucks sometimes, but it's part of the lifestyle. Oh and welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2Stepof3
by Member on May. 29, 2012 at 5:36 AM

What is your husband going to do in the Coast Guard? Most likely my husband will be one of his instructors. LOL haven't seen anyone say the base where Dh works. Pretty cool.

I will tell ya your husband isn't having any fun out there. There is NOTHING and I means NOTHING around that base. Its in the midle of of know where and not even close to the ocean they bus the boys/girls up to the ocean LOL.

Quoting coastguard01:

Hi everyone my name is Brittany Browning, I'm a Coast Guard wife. We are newly weds, only been married for 3 months!!! My husband is in Petaluma California right now at "A" School. We have a 6 month old baby and it's VERY hard having my hubby gone..... I miss him soooo much!!! Will this feeling get any better :'(

Momof2Stepof3
by Member on May. 29, 2012 at 5:38 AM

Holly you are right there is NOTHING up there. Petaluma is a hick town and the base is literary in the middle of cow farms. Is your brother going to be stationed in SF? 

Quoting HollyBoBolly:

Hi Brittany.  Welcome. My brother is USCG and actually just left Petaluma for San Francisco. Apparently there is nothing up there.  At least for him.  Where do you live?

HollyBoBolly
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:04 AM
Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

Yep. Stationed on treasure island patrolling the Bay. Not the golden gate, thank God. Although he has his fair share of jumpers. He loves SF. I love to visit him there. It's such a great city.
HollyBoBolly
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:07 AM
Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

I wonder if your husband was one of my brothers instructors. He was in the IT school there.
Momof2Stepof3
by Member on May. 29, 2012 at 6:08 AM

He'll get the once a year jumper from the Bay Bridge though its getting harder for the cars to stop on the Bay Bridge now that the new section is closer to being open.

Quoting HollyBoBolly:

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

Yep. Stationed on treasure island patrolling the Bay. Not the golden gate, thank God. Although he has his fair share of jumpers. He loves SF. I love to visit him there. It's such a great city.

Momof2Stepof3
by Member on May. 29, 2012 at 6:09 AM

If he went through it any time between last week and August most likely Chief Meredith was his instructor. :)

Quoting HollyBoBolly:

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

I wonder if your husband was one of my brothers instructors. He was in the IT school there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)