Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Hi everyone my name is Brittany Browning, I'm a Coast Guard wife. We are newly weds, only been married for 3 months!!! My husband is in Petaluma California right now at "A" School. We have a 6 month old baby and it's VERY hard having my hubby gone..... I miss him soooo much!!! Will this feeling get any better :'(

by on May. 29, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Replies (21-24):
coastguard01
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

Congratz on him being top of his class. Sadly my husband wouldn't be his instructor. My husband instructs the IT guys. Where are you all stationed?

Quoting coastguard01:

He is there so he can be an FS. Hes top 5 in class... I'm sooo ready for him to come home! :(

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

What is your husband going to do in the Coast Guard? Most likely my husband will be one of his instructors. LOL haven't seen anyone say the base where Dh works. Pretty cool.

I will tell ya your husband isn't having any fun out there. There is NOTHING and I means NOTHING around that base. Its in the midle of of know where and not even close to the ocean they bus the boys/girls up to the ocean LOL.

Quoting coastguard01:

Hi everyone my name is Brittany Browning, I'm a Coast Guard wife. We are newly weds, only been married for 3 months!!! My husband is in Petaluma California right now at "A" School. We have a 6 month old baby and it's VERY hard having my hubby gone..... I miss him soooo much!!! Will this feeling get any better :'(

lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 5:24 AM
We were stationed in Fort Myers. DH got orders to Annapolis, MD and I stayed in FL to finish my degree.

It's hard to be away from them, but you'll get through it. Hang in there :)
Quoting coastguard01:

I'm in Florida and he's still at a school.

Quoting lwalker270:

Hey Brittany, welcome to the group!  My husband is CG too.  As others have said, just try to stay busy.  Something that really helped me when we moved here was getting involved in MOPS and MOMS Club.  It got me out of the house and I met some wonderful women with children around the same age.  A number of them were also military wives, so we had that in common as well.  My kids are a little older now, but I still get together frequently with several of the women I met in those groups.

Where are you guys stationed?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coastguard01
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM
He just got his orders today..... :( he's most likely going to new Jersey on a cutter :'(

Quoting lwalker270:

We were stationed in Fort Myers. DH got orders to Annapolis, MD and I stayed in FL to finish my degree.

Quoting coastguard01:

Quoting lwalker270:

Hey Brittany, welcome to the group!  My husband is CG too.  As others have said, just try to stay busy.  Something that really helped me when we moved here was getting involved in MOPS and MOMS Club.  It got me out of the house and I met some wonderful women with children around the same age.  A number of them were also military wives, so we had that in common as well.  My kids are a little older now, but I still get together frequently with several of the women I met in those groups.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:14 PM

My husband is currently stationed on a 270 ft cutter in Virginia and you do get used to them being gone.  I don't know where the cutters in NJ are based from, but I have a couple of friends stationed at Atlantic City and they LOVE it.

It'll be okay - you're welcome to PM me if you ever want to vent :)

Quoting coastguard01:

He just got his orders today..... :( he's most likely going to new Jersey on a cutter :'(

Quoting lwalker270:

Quoting coastguard01:

Quoting lwalker270:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)