Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cannon AFB?

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Who is there?  We are in Germany now, but report to Cannon in October.  Who wants to be my friend, and workout buddy when we get there?  LOL!  Any good info for me?? 

by on May. 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DawnPratt23
by on May. 29, 2012 at 12:42 PM
I grew up near cannon, its not to bad, but new Mexico is a fun beautiful place. If you got stationed at Holloman AFB, there are tons of families from Germany there. You'll probably arrive after the international balloon festival, winters aren't bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ccmvm
by on May. 29, 2012 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

im at Cannon :) feel free to ask me anything!!! also, if you havent yet look up all the cannon facebook pages...there are a lot of them because everyone keeps making more LOL. i post there a lot too but you can get a lot of good info there.

usmclife58
by Nikki on May. 29, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Bump

barrelracer1699
by Chel on May. 29, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I know nothing about it! GL

GCM
by Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Look up "Clovis NM" on YouTube, some of the Airmen made a video of it.  It's unfortunately VERY accurate.  There is actually plenty to do there, if you know where to look and don't mind the drive.  There's the "blue hole" in Santa Rosa (30 minutes away) and a lake/pool to swim in there, it's kinda neat.   There's a drive in movie theater on the way to Lubbock.  Both Lubbock and Amarillo are about 1-1.5 hours away.  You can go hiking or mountain biking in the Palo Duro Canyon up by Amarillo. (Used to go there every weekend.  In summer, bring bug spray with a lot of DEET.  Those bugs bite!)  There are three movie theaters you'll have access to.  The one on base is really nice, but they play older movies.  The two off base are total crap, but that's the only way to see the new stuff coming out.  There's a Hobby Lobby for any crafty things you want to do.  The base gym was re-done once it went Spec Ops, so it's pretty nice now!  I was there for 6 years, left in '09.  If you have any questions feel free to pm me. :)

Mavoreen
by New Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I'm at Cannon! we got here back in May :) have you joined the facebook group for cannon spouses? they have  lots of good info. there's also a playgroup group for cannon as well! :)

ccmvm
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:22 AM
I admin that page, do I know you?! Hahaha

Quoting Mavoreen:

I'm at Cannon! we got here back in May :) have you joined the facebook group for cannon spouses? they have  lots of good info. there's also a playgroup group for cannon as well! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mavoreen
by New Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:28 AM

which one? lol

Quoting ccmvm:

Quoting Mavoreen:

ccmvm
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:57 AM
Cannon wives blah blah blah. There are waaaay too many fb pages for this base. Im mostly low key and try to remain neutral with all of them.

Quoting Mavoreen:

which one? lol

Quoting ccmvm:

Quoting Mavoreen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mavoreen
by New Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM

lol! i love how you said Cannon wives blah blah blah! lol, it is a long group name/title. Yeah i'm on a few of the pages, but only really active in the 'blah blah blah' one lol and the playgroup :) My initials are MC :)

Quoting ccmvm:

Cannon wives blah blah blah. There are waaaay too many fb pages for this base. Im mostly low key and try to remain neutral with all of them.

Quoting Mavoreen:

which one? lol

Quoting ccmvm:

Quoting Mavoreen:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)