Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

The worst

Posted by on May. 30, 2012 at 4:58 AM
  • 20 Replies
The worst to me is when someone says. You knew what you were getting into when when you married him. What is wrong with people? The reason these people are not going through these things is bc our husbands/ wives volunteered to do it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 30, 2012 at 4:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vintage-misha
by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:01 AM

okay then...

Livinwith3boys
by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:03 AM
1 mom liked this

That saying gets to me, because when we signed up, we didn't have an exact schedule of what we would be dealing with, and when...However, I knew my husband volunteered OUR lives, not only his...and if I don't like it, I can leave, and if he doesn't like it, he can leave the military...There is no reason to whine and complain about the situations we put ourselves in....As much crap as we have to go through, we have the same amount of awesome experiences!!!

prdmomnarmywife
by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I guess I could see that as being annoying , but it all depends on what you are complaining about ? They may be saying because you are coming off unhappy about him being in the service , which is also annoying . .. Just depends on the situation and why it is being said ? Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anagoo0311
by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:28 AM
Well I've never have had this directly said to me but I have known of friends and have seen it plenty in blogs etc. I just think it's rude. It's like people are not allowed to vent if your a military spouse. If your friends husband went on alot of business trips and she complained about it I'm sure no one would say " well you knew what you were getting into when you married him". I just think it's extremely rude and it doesn't make a person feel better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on May. 30, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Yeah I hate that too. Like you choose who you fall in love with. :P

ASigler86
by on May. 30, 2012 at 7:13 AM
2 moms liked this
I see both sides of this I guess. You can never fully "know what you're getting into" in some situations; but then again if you're whining about a deployment or other obvious things that come with being in the service or married to someone who is, then I agree with the statement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Chel on May. 30, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I agree with this!

Quoting prdmomnarmywife:

I guess I could see that as being annoying , but it all depends on what you are complaining about ? They may be saying because you are coming off unhappy about him being in the service , which is also annoying . .. Just depends on the situation and why it is being said ? Lol

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on May. 30, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

This...to a point...

Dh joined a LONG time ago...  Long before the US was involved in these wars.  It was a totally different military back then.  So to say we knew what we were getting into doesn't really apply.  No one deployed back then and certainly not for the kinds of rotations they have now.

But, if you're whining, then yeah...  don't.

Quoting ASigler86:

I see both sides of this I guess. You can never fully "know what you're getting into" in some situations; but then again if you're whining about a deployment or other obvious things that come with being in the service or married to someone who is, then I agree with the statement.

violinjewel
by Julia on May. 30, 2012 at 10:13 AM
I agree with this. There's usually two sides to everything.

Quoting ASigler86:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sillybillymel
by on May. 30, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Yeah that peeves me too. I got married to my husband before he was in the service, and I did know the consequences but honestly I dont see how anyone can really understand until you are in the situation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN