Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm already dreading summer .....

Posted by on May. 30, 2012 at 2:36 PM
  • 38 Replies

and my kids still have 3 weeks of school left.  They really 3 1/2 weeks, but we will be on vacation the last week of school, so they will miss it.  So, in preperation to maintain my sanity, I signed them up for several things.  My 9 yo dd and 11 yo son will be going to 2 VBS's, basketball camp (9am-noon for a week), tennis camp (9:30-12:30 for a week) and track and field camp (9:00-12:00 for a week). If I find more VBS's, I will sign them up for those also.  I'm hoping my 14 yo will hang out with her friends most of the summer.

***They are all three playing summer soccer which is Mon and Wed night for my son and Tues and Thurs nights for the girls.  My 17 yo son should be coming in August for a couple of weeks.  He will be 18 by then *tears*.***

by on May. 30, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
violinjewel
by Julia on May. 30, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on May. 30, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Thanks, I will need it.  My dh will be on a "trip" all summer.  In some ways it will be a good thing, in other ways it will be bad because he helps with the younger two a lot.

Quoting violinjewel:

Good luck!

Maddies_mom101
by on May. 30, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Hahaha DH will be dealing with the kids most of the summer since he is just in school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on May. 30, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Hope all goes well, on all ends that is. Those sound like fun summer things to do anyways, so the kids should enjoy it.

Quoting cocoroo:

Thanks, I will need it.  My dh will be on a "trip" all summer.  In some ways it will be a good thing, in other ways it will be bad because he helps with the younger two a lot.

Quoting violinjewel:

Good luck!

barrelracer1699
by Chel on May. 30, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Way to keep them busy! I was already dreading summer the first day my son was out.

nelopyma
by on May. 30, 2012 at 2:51 PM

DH has a long list of travel coming up this summer.  I'm going along on the first one, but probably won't on any of the others.  The 13 year old will be attending a summer reading program at school, and the 9 year old will have swim once a week.  Other than that, lazy days and trips to the lake at the base with friends.

cocoroo
by Coco on May. 30, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Sounds like fun.  We have nothing planned for August, so that will just be our chilling time and hang out time with my oldest son because he will hopefully be going to basic for the AF sometime this fall or winter.

Quoting nelopyma:

DH has a long list of travel coming up this summer.  I'm going along on the first one, but probably won't on any of the others.  The 13 year old will be attending a summer reading program at school, and the 9 year old will have swim once a week.  Other than that, lazy days and trips to the lake at the base with friends.

usmclife58
by Nikki on May. 30, 2012 at 3:24 PM

That schedule makes me tired.

Believe86
by on May. 31, 2012 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is only 2,so I haven't felt that anxiety before. But I do plan on keeping our family occupied and active during this summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by Just Me on May. 31, 2012 at 8:20 AM
This is us as well. Dd will be 3 in Aug, and that's also when this baby is due. So, a whole lotta nothin planned other then giving birth at some point....

Quoting Believe86:

My daughter is only 2,so I haven't felt that anxiety before. But I do plan on keeping our family occupied and active during this summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)