Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

sew it up! *ot*

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:45 PM
  • 23 Replies

All I have to say, is that this is why some women should have their vaginas sewn up. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/03/catalina-clouser-pot-baby-roof-car_n_1565487.htmlBy David Schwartz

PHOENIX, June 2 (Reuters) - A marijuana-smoking woman was arrested on Saturday in Phoenix after she accidentally drove away with her five-week-old son in a child safety seat on the roof of her vehicle, police said.

The baby fell off the car in the middle of an intersection and was found unharmed and strapped into the seat, said Phoenix police spokesman James Holmes.

The mother Catalina Clouser, 19, was booked into jail on child abuse and aggravated assault charges, he said. The infant was taken to a local hospital as a precaution and is in the custody of state Child Protective Services.

"It appears the suspect put the baby on the roof of the car and drove off, forgetting he was still on the roof," Holmes said in a written statement.

Police said Clouser and her boyfriend had been smoking marijuana in a park and left with the toddler to buy beer late on Friday night. Officers stopped the car and the boyfriend was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence while driving with the baby in the 2000 Ford Focus.

Police learned that Clouser was so upset about the arrest that she drove to a friend's home and "admittedly smoked one or two additional bowls of marijuana," Holmes said.

She left at about midnight with the baby asleep in the car seat, placing the child on top of the vehicle, he said. Clouser apparently did not realize that the baby was missing until she arrived home.

Holmes said witnesses who were friends of the mother advised officers that the child belonged to Clouser. The mother then arrived at the scene and "made admissions to what had occurred." (Reporting by David Schwartz; Editing by Greg McCune)

by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sodsoldierwife
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:53 PM
I don't ever recall a time I have ever put my kids, in carseats, on top of my car....do people really really do that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:55 PM

I was trying to think of the same thing! I cannot ever remember doing that...

Quoting sodsoldierwife:

I don't ever recall a time I have ever put my kids, in carseats, on top of my car....do people really really do that?

flowermama2011
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:55 PM
I've never ever done that, that's freaking crazy, so glad the baby is ok,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:59 PM
Terrible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:00 PM
2 moms liked this

And they say pot is harmless...

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:11 PM
It doesn't help when you're already stupid lol...
Who the hell puts their kid on top of the car?!

Quoting jas_momof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I forget my keys...sometimes my purse...never my kids...

Quoting SierraLynn:

It doesn't help when you're already stupid lol...
Who the hell puts their kid on top of the car?!

Quoting jas_momof2:

violinjewel
by Julia on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:27 PM
That was my thought too. Apparently it doesn't help when you're already stupid.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sodsoldierwife
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I can think of several times, now-a-days, where I might (or have) consider/ed it! LOL

**note: that was sarcasm. A call to CPS isn't necessary** :P

Quoting usmclife58:

I was trying to think of the same thing! I cannot ever remember doing that...

Quoting sodsoldierwife:

sodsoldierwife
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

and...I'm really glad the baby was unharmed! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)