Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Hi! My husband has been in the Army for 11 years now. We just moved to Hawaii in December. Hawaii is our 4th duty station and this is the first time we are living on base and I am staying at home with our two boys, 10 & 2. Any suggestions on how I can meet other moms? It is really hard for me to make friends and I am starting to get a little depressed and homesick. Thanks! 

by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 2:54 AM
Replies (11-12):
TessB
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 4:56 PM
I massaged you my number a while ago. I'm not trying to be a stalker, I just never check my messages and thought maybe you don't either.

Anyway, I was telling Op that we rented a bouncy house slip and slide for my oldest son's birthday party yesterday and we have it until Tuesday because of mwr being closed. So we are going to put it up for neighborhood kids to play on, you are more than welcome to come and let your kids play as well!

Quoting buppyluck:

I will second what the other ladies have said, for some reason once you leave CONUS it seems to be very difficult to make friends. We have a good couple friend but that is about it. I find that while it is easy for me to make friends, everyone I know is a SAHM and I work, so a lot of the events I would LOVE to do are during work hours, so I am kind of left out...but I live on AMR like Tess does and I have a 5 yr old and a 3 yr old both boys

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ma2calebzoeyeli
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 3:18 PM

I will be there in a couple of weeks and have 11 and 6 year old boys and a 9 year old girl. I would love to meet up with some families that have kids around their ages. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN