Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

How do you stay connected to your DH when he's deployed?

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:36 AM
  • 8 Replies

How do you stay connected to your DH when he's deployed?  We have a long deployment coming up and I worry that our marriage will struggle. We will be able to talk on occasion but I would like to do something that will keep us connected. Any advice is much appreciated.

by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
besosfantasies
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:41 AM
We use fb and skype. At his FOB they have skype ready computers. I also write him .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM

We write letters.  Snail mail style.  We do the MSN thing when we can, but it's not always guarenteed.  Besides, we're old school, we like to "physically hold" a piece of paper the other put their thoughts onto...  For us, there's meaning in that.

Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:24 AM
We facebooked and instant messages when we could. I wrote letters weekly and kept a journal for him to read when he got home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:27 AM

My dh calls me almost every day when he is deployed (depending on where he is at that moment).  I can't really do the snail mail thing because a lot of the times, he isn't in one place very long.  I know a lot of people use Skype.  My dh unit also sets up a VTC once during each deployment.

ccmvm
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Skype, emails, he has a google voice account so we are constantly texting. He is comm though an works on computers all day. We are also playing WoW again and the new Diablo III. It's nice being I game with him playing together :) its like he's not even gone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oddy_Knocky
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM

We write letters the old school way.. you know, with pen and paper.

besosfantasies
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I agree. I love snail mail and he loves getting my letters. It's different to be able to hold it in your hand and read over and over again.

Quoting jas_momof2:

We write letters.  Snail mail style.  We do the MSN thing when we can, but it's not always guarenteed.  Besides, we're old school, we like to "physically hold" a piece of paper the other put their thoughts onto...  For us, there's meaning in that.

AriMommy
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 1:06 PM

We wrote a lot of letters and sent cards.  Plus we had Skype and email.  He was able to get a phone over there too that we could text on, just couldn't make/receive phone calls. Depending on your carrier and what your husband actually does, he may be able to get an international plan on his cell phone so he can text.  I emailed him a lot of pictures too so that he was able to see me and our daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN