Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All of this happening too fast...?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:40 PM
  • 42 Replies

My Hubby Met with a representative the other day and took his ASVAB today and had his physical Friday. Is all of this normal to be happening this soon...? Especially applying for a Military Police job??

by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:46 PM

What branch is he wanting to join?  My dh went to a recruiter, took the ASVAB, did the physical and was in BCT for the Army within 2-3 months.  My oldest son has been working with an AF recruiter for 8 months. He has taken the ASVAB, gone to MEPS, etc, but he is waiting for a job he wants to come open so he can lock it in. 

And, you don't really apply for a job in the military with a reprentative.  The recruiters tell you what is available and you can somewhat pick what you want if you are qualified for that job.

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Depends on the branch... open school dates for jobs... the recruiter... and how fast paperwork gets approved.

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:51 PM

What job is your son going for?

Quoting cocoroo:

What branch is he wanting to join?  My dh went to a recruiter, took the ASVAB, did the physical and was in BCT for the Army within 2-3 months.  My oldest son has been working with an AF recruiter for 8 months. He has taken the ASVAB, gone to MEPS, etc, but he is waiting for a job he wants to come open so he can lock it in. 

And, you don't really apply for a job in the military with a reprentative.  The recruiters tell you what is available and you can somewhat pick what you want if you are qualified for that job.

seraphimsong
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:51 PM
It just depends really
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:51 PM
That was the same timeframe as my husband, I think all together it was two and a half months, and he was gone for BCT.

Quoting cocoroo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bridget103
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM

He is looking into the National Guard. His recruiter gave us open jobs here in our loical area and the Military Police was open. My husband has a mastors degree in criminal justice.

violinjewel
by Julia on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:53 PM
My husband is also Guard, and like I said previously, it went quickly.

Quoting Bridget103:

He is looking into the National Guard. His recruiter gave us open jobs here in our loical area and the Military Police was open. My husband has a mastors degree in criminal justice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bridget103
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:55 PM

So say within a month hell have a job?

Quoting violinjewel:

Quoting Bridget103:

cocoroo
by Coco on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:00 PM

If he is going Guard, he will only have a part time job after training.  And, everything still has to get approved.  It looks like you have a rather large family.  The number of dependents could be a problem.

Quoting Bridget103:

violinjewel
by Julia on Jun. 11, 2012 at 1:01 PM
I believe it just depends what is open when.

Quoting Bridget103:

Quoting violinjewel:

Quoting Bridget103:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)