Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Tripping so bad right now...help? please? need comfort!!

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:42 AM
  • 228 Replies

Dh just got home in Nov. He is in another state for training, and texted me at midnight telling me that he has volunteered to go to Afghanistan. I'm in shock, wtf do I do? No discussion just, him telling me that he did it. HE JUST GOT HOME AND SETTLED!! I'm freaking out!

by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AtillaTheHun
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:50 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh wow. Have you asked him why he did not discuss this with you? I mean, that does not only affect him, but also you and your children (if you have any.)

loverfrombeyond
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 4:52 AM

He was on lunch for trainig we won't be able to talk till morning, if he calls...So im just left here dumbfounded.

loverfrombeyond
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:36 AM

Can't stop crying...

vintage-misha
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:39 AM
5 moms liked this

Why? This is his job. He wants to do his job, let him. Maybe he is thinking of the financial gain or something. It is what he wants to do so you need to suck it up and support him. Just because he volunteered doesn't mean he will deploy. 

loverfrombeyond
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Well two deployments in one year and me preggers is kinda hard to 'suck it up'. I know its what he does but it doesn't make it easier, he hasn't even been states side for a year, and some of that has been in another state for training. Then he wants to up and leave. Promise it would hurt you too. 

Quoting vintage-misha:

Why? This is his job. He wants to do his job, let him. Maybe he is thinking of the financial gain or something. It is what he wants to do so you need to suck it up and support him. Just because he volunteered doesn't mean he will deploy. 

3greatkids751
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:52 AM
I'm so sorry mama.. *hugs* I'd be livid if DH did something like that too. I'm glad he's out now, I couldn't handle much more of all that.. I'm so sorry hun..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:42 AM
4 moms liked this
When you can, ask him why he volunteered. Like Misha said, he may be thinking of the financial gain or he may just feel the need to do his job. Some people have. Hard time reintegrating after a deployment and feel like they belong over there rather than home with their families. It doesn't mean he doesn't love you or want to be with you, he just feels he needs to do this. You can either support him and help him prepare or you can cry and play the poor me card. It's your call but one may hurt you in the long run.

Oh, and the pregnant while deployed issue gets old. A LOT of us have done it, some multiple times so that's irrelevant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vintage-misha
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 6:43 AM
4 moms liked this

Lets me honest though,  it could mean he doesn't want to deal with her or is unhappy and wants to get away for awhile. We've all heard of it happening. Either way sitting around moping and crying won't change anything. 

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

When you can, ask him why he volunteered. Like Misha said, he may be thinking of the financial gain or he may just feel the need to do his job. Some people have. Hard time reintegrating after a deployment and feel like they belong over there rather than home with their families. It doesn't mean he doesn't love you or want to be with you, he just feels he needs to do this. You can either support him and help him prepare or you can cry and play the poor me card. It's your call but one may hurt you in the long run.

Oh, and the pregnant while deployed issue gets old. A LOT of us have done it, some multiple times so that's irrelevant.

Follow Me on Pinterest

CountryStrong84
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:16 AM
8 moms liked this
I wouldn't suck it up. You are in a marriage and you matter too. I would be pissed if my husband just up and volunteered to go without discussing it first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atownrb
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 7:25 AM
9 moms liked this
This!! A marriage takes two people and he should discuss something that major with you first!! Not acceptable!

Quoting CountryStrong84:

I wouldn't suck it up. You are in a marriage and you matter too. I would be pissed if my husband just up and volunteered to go without discussing it first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN