Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fort Stewart

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:56 PM
  • 15 Replies
Tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:49 PM
It is hot, humid and the bugs suck. Hinesville is ghetto and there isn't much around it. Savannah is ok, but I got bored of it after a few months. I had good experiences at Winn. My provider was nice and I didn't have ridiculous wait times. We lived in Richmond Hill. It is a nice little town with good schools. There is a Winn clinic in RH now. It opened right after we moved so I don't know how it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by Brittney on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:58 PM
My husbands possibly going there for his phase 2 site. He wants to put this as our number 1. Good info, thanks.

Quoting cocoroo:

It is hot, humid and the bugs suck. Hinesville is ghetto and there isn't much around it. Savannah is ok, but I got bored of it after a few months. I had good experiences at Winn. My provider was nice and I didn't have ridiculous wait times. We lived in Richmond Hill. It is a nice little town with good schools. There is a Winn clinic in RH now. It opened right after we moved so I don't know how it is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWithANikon
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:04 PM

My BFF is there, but I can't speak first hand. She seems to enjoy it very much but sold her house and moved on post because she said its extremely hard there to network off post, a problem she didn't have at our last post. She also said its hot. Her husband is gone allllllll the time, but sometimes posts are good for that and as a whole really love that training, and sometimes thats just MOS related. I am not sure which her problem is. Housing is really cute, I really like her house. Oh and she often talks about local events/fairs and exploring the city and different things. So there seems to be ample things to do. If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to ask her.

OliviasMommy611
by Brittney on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Thank you. If we decide to choose this I will definitely get in touch. I can't say I care much about networking but more about schools, ect. My DH will be gone all the time because he is in thw final phase of the PA program.

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

My BFF is there, but I can't speak first hand. She seems to enjoy it very much but sold her house and moved on post because she said its extremely hard there to network off post, a problem she didn't have at our last post. She also said its hot. Her husband is gone allllllll the time, but sometimes posts are good for that and as a whole really love that training, and sometimes thats just MOS related. I am not sure which her problem is. Housing is really cute, I really like her house. Oh and she often talks about local events/fairs and exploring the city and different things. So there seems to be ample things to do. If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to ask her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
If you care about schools don't live in Hinesville or on post. RH has the best schools in the area. I'm sure the elem schools in the H'ville area are ok, but my friend's dh is a HS teacher at ine of the H'ville schools and he said he wouldn't send his kids to school where he teaches.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWithANikon
by Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Yeah I hear that, I personally wouldn't survive without friends though LOL.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Thank you. If we decide to choose this I will definitely get in touch. I can't say I care much about networking but more about schools, ect. My DH will be gone all the time because he is in thw final phase of the PA program.

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

Ace.Mommy
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 1:40 AM

my husband and I just pcsed from fort stewart, we are generally from brunswick and own a home in hinesville. BADDD CHOICE first deployment my home was broken into. not sure who posted it is a ghetto...they are right! would def. say if you can try to move a little farther out if you decide to live offpost. hot buggy just the south lol. lately they have been getting a huge amount of rain. but the only other negative thing is if you want to go somewhere other than walmart you gotta drive to another town. sorry on all the negatives goodluck brittney

OliviasMommy611
by Brittney on Jun. 14, 2012 at 8:32 AM
Thanks

Quoting Ace.Mommy:

my husband and I just pcsed from fort stewart, we are generally from brunswick and own a home in hinesville. BADDD CHOICE first deployment my home was broken into. not sure who posted it is a ghetto...they are right! would def. say if you can try to move a little farther out if you decide to live offpost. hot buggy just the south lol. lately they have been getting a huge amount of rain. but the only other negative thing is if you want to go somewhere other than walmart you gotta drive to another town. sorry on all the negatives goodluck brittney

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
Would anyone recommend schooled barracks over this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
Schofield

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Would anyone recommend schooled barracks over this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)