Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Replies (11-15):
cocoroo
by Coco on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:24 PM
I know nothing about Hawaii, but I would choose it over Stewart and the idea of living on an island has no appeal to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Thanks. I don't like the idea either but DH is in love.

Quoting cocoroo:

I know nothing about Hawaii, but I would choose it over Stewart and the idea of living on an island has no appeal to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fmchavez
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I don't mind it. It's hot and muggy and my apartment on post seems to be a magnet for spiders BUT overall I don't hate it. I miss home like crazy though so it's not been incredibly enjoyable for me as of yet. 

I've had pretty decent experiences with Winn. I haven't had to go too often though. Housing leaves a bit to be desired if you live in the apartments on post. 

Commissary is small, there isn't much to do in Hinesville but Jacksonville is only 2 hours away and there is lots to do there. I like the beach up at Hilton Head, SC better than Tybee Island. It's been hard for me to make friends here but I think that's on me rather than a reflection of the base. 

stephy_85
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:54 PM
We arevat Stewart and really enjoy it. We had a house built in Richmond Hill. I wouldn't recommend Hinesville, it's ghetto and the schools are not very good. We like that Richmond Hill is close to post and Savannah. I actually grocery shop at the airfield because the prices tend to be cheaper there.
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:10 PM

My brother and SIL hated it there, but that is all I know about it.

Oh, and that we got some of our wedding stuff at the little market on the river.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN