Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families
Tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Replies (11-15):
cocoroo
by Coco on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:24 PM
I know nothing about Hawaii, but I would choose it over Stewart and the idea of living on an island has no appeal to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by Brittney on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Thanks. I don't like the idea either but DH is in love.

Quoting cocoroo:

I know nothing about Hawaii, but I would choose it over Stewart and the idea of living on an island has no appeal to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fmchavez
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I don't mind it. It's hot and muggy and my apartment on post seems to be a magnet for spiders BUT overall I don't hate it. I miss home like crazy though so it's not been incredibly enjoyable for me as of yet. 

I've had pretty decent experiences with Winn. I haven't had to go too often though. Housing leaves a bit to be desired if you live in the apartments on post. 

Commissary is small, there isn't much to do in Hinesville but Jacksonville is only 2 hours away and there is lots to do there. I like the beach up at Hilton Head, SC better than Tybee Island. It's been hard for me to make friends here but I think that's on me rather than a reflection of the base. 

stephy_85
by Member on Jun. 27, 2012 at 5:54 PM
We arevat Stewart and really enjoy it. We had a house built in Richmond Hill. I wouldn't recommend Hinesville, it's ghetto and the schools are not very good. We like that Richmond Hill is close to post and Savannah. I actually grocery shop at the airfield because the prices tend to be cheaper there.
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jun. 27, 2012 at 6:10 PM

My brother and SIL hated it there, but that is all I know about it.

Oh, and that we got some of our wedding stuff at the little market on the river.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)