Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need support. I'm not a mom and not married until next year. But I need help....

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:53 PM
  • 38 Replies

I am marrying the man of my dreams next May and I am soooo scared. That's why I am here. I am 20 years old, anti-military and engaged to a reserve. We are total opposites. There are things we can't even talk about around each other because it upsets one or the other. I need support and this is the only place I could think to go. I love him more than life itself and if staying with him means I need a crutch..... so be it. I need A skype buddy or just someone to talk to on here or on the phone. I feel like my case is a rare one but any support is good right now.

-Oppsites Attract

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
new2this09
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:55 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm a military spouse and former veteran, and a liberal...not a mom either. Let me know what you need!

SierraLynn
by Just Me on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Ummm.... O_o
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PolkaDots3220
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I was like that with my x husband. 

When we married I was a total hippie and he was Military Police. LOL

We got aong jsut fine and loved each other very much.

We are still on good terms, but circumstances seperated us. 

Best of luck! 

violinjewel
by Julia on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Ummm... Ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kris182
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

i say u take the good with the bad .. i think you can make it work . my husband and I are total opposites to . i'm a good girl never smoked, drank or partied i did good in school. never tried any drugs ha ha and him on the other hand was a bad student tried every drug in high school and dated alot in school  and he's my 1st boyfriend and the only guy i have ever kissed or slept with !!!. he was in a band and was always parting .and still smokes every once in a while . but we work just fine . i love my husband and we have 5 kids and have been together for 12yrs now. i stay with him for all the good he does and choose not to leave for the couple bad things he has done . !!!! i think being opposites is good . he's the funny one and i'm more strict with the kids. 

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
You can't talk, but he's the man of your dreams? Yeah, ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Opposite
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Thank you. You are very kind. I have no idea what I am doing. The wedding was already postponed once because of my ignorance. I want to marry him, I want to spend the rest of my life with him, I want to have his children.... and love them as much as I love him. I just don't know how to deal with all this military stuff. I'm a rebel, anti military, anti government..... some even say I am a theorist. It just is not whithin my realm of knowledge. I love..... I hope for a better world and that gets tiresome and deppressing when my whole life revolves around the things I despise.. But when he comes home from AT (just AT) and has these vivid nightmares that leave him waking up in a drenched bed when he has been back from over seas for over 2 years I wonder why he is still doing it. I wonder why he signed up again. I wonder why anyone would put their life in danger for someone elses mistakes. someone elses war.

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Have you asked him why he joined?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Opposite
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:21 PM

His grandfather was in. He was MIA. He looked up to him so he joined.

new2this09
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Try to put it out of your mind; and view it as him just doing a job. As far as why he's doing it; it's almost something in your blood--you just have this need to serve...at least for me it was. I wasn't necessarily "for" the war, or pro-military--I just really wanted to serve, to do something that most run from, to have a sense of camaraderie known by no others, etc.

Enjoy the places you'll get to go. Meet people. Make friends. Get a non-military/non-government job and don't get too wrapped up in it all.

Quoting Opposite:

Thank you. You are very kind. I have no idea what I am doing. The wedding was already postponed once because of my ignorance. I want to marry him, I want to spend the rest of my life with him, I want to have his children.... and love them as much as I love him. I just don't know how to deal with all this military stuff. I'm a rebel, anti military, anti government..... some even say I am a theorist. It just is not whithin my realm of knowledge. I love..... I hope for a better world and that gets tiresome and deppressing when my whole life revolves around the things I despise.. But when he comes home from AT (just AT) and has these vivid nightmares that leave him waking up in a drenched bed when he has been back from over seas for over 2 years I wonder why he is still doing it. I wonder why he signed up again. I wonder why anyone would put their life in danger for someone elses mistakes. someone elses war.

Veteran: Someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."

We have turned into a no balls, please everyone, PC country and that will lead to our fall eventually.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)