Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Orders for next duty station after unaccompanied tour to Korea

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 7:46 PM
  • 3 Replies

How long before we have a projected destination for our next duty station during an unaccompanied Korea? I know I am being impatient, but I just want to know where we're off to next!

by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
aviatorswife
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Your Soldier needs to talk with his career manager. We're in Korea, CS'd and AIP'd, for a grand total of 3 1/2 years. We PCS March 2013, we got his RFO 12 months out and we got hard orders about a month ago. My husband was proactive with talking with his career manager to get things lined up though. I know of people that came unaccompanied that didn't speak with their career managers and ended up down to 2 months with no projection. Then I've seen people get orders 6 months out. Really depends on your career manager and how one top of it they and you are.

mom2minanjoseph
by on Jun. 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Hmm, we just switched branches from Infantry to Signal, so we don't even know who our career manager is anymore, I will tell him to find that out. Thanks, but it's good to know that it can be 6 months out, I wish we could have gone, but it was a no go. :((

bamababe1975
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Hopefully you find out who the career manager is and get that sorted out quickly. ((HUGS))

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)