Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Tricare Question - Back Pay

Posted by   + Show Post

My boyfriend and I just found out we are pregnant and are due in February.  Due to the fact that we are not married, and are not necessarily planning on getting married right away just as a result of the pregnancy, Tricare will not cover the pregnancy.  One of my girlfriends told me that, once the paternity test is done and it's confirmed the baby is my boyfriend's (which I'm not at all concerned about), Tricare will back pay on medical bills paid during the pregnancy.

Does anyone have experience with this or know if it is true??  My boyfriend doesn't think this is the case, so I'm doing a little research!!  :)

Also - any suggestions anyone has on dealing with Tricare is appreciated - the same girlfriend told me they can be difficult to deal with sometimes!

by on Jun. 19, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Replies (21-27):
violinjewel
by Julia on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
No one was bitchy. They gave answers to the questions posed.

Quoting NikkiAtkinson:

So... Everyones personality is bitchy? Oh ok! Wonderful way to portray the military and the moms of it. Smh.

Quoting Pugsmuggler:

Thank god, we finally have a hall monitor. Now, we can all drop our personalities and reply with simple, bland, and standard answers.

Quoting NikkiAtkinson:

A lot of these answers are rude for no reason whatsoever.. all you had to do was say no and move on without the extra commentary.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jun. 20, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Not sure what post you're reading, but there are no rude answers on this one...

Quoting NikkiAtkinson:

A lot of these answers are rude for no reason whatsoever.. all you had to do was say no and move on without the extra commentary.

KWnavywife
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 11:27 AM
2 moms liked this

Don't worry, it is not your reading comprehension that is lacking. Some people just take honesty as bitchiness.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Totally feel like I have crappy reading comprehension because Im with you on not seeing any bitchy replies.

Quoting Pugsmuggler:

I didn't see one reply that was bitchy, other than yours. Congratulations on proving your own point.....

Quoting NikkiAtkinson:

So... Everyones personality is bitchy? Oh ok! Wonderful way to portray the military and the moms of it. Smh.

Quoting Pugsmuggler:

Thank god, we finally have a hall monitor. Now, we can all drop our personalities and reply with simple, bland, and standard answers.

Quoting NikkiAtkinson:

cocoroo
by Coco on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:28 PM
If you don't like it, go elsewhere.

Quoting NikkiAtkinson:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxlilmomma09
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:55 PM
I don't portray the military. I portray myself.

Quoting NikkiAtkinson:

Quoting Pugsmuggler:

Quoting NikkiAtkinson:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsdic
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 2:58 PM

i didn't read the whole question.... the baby will be covered under tricare, not sure if you'll get back pay for your pregnancy however.  he can call and ask though....

Soniam301
by Sonia on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:21 PM
get married now and problem solved:)

no they won't back pay. if you want it covered by tricare you need to get married.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)