Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

question on banned dog breeds (army)

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:31 PM
  • 24 Replies

silly question. but ever since DF has said he plans on enlisting i've been flooded with all kinds of random questions lol

we have a boxer / lab mix but a lot of people assume he is a pit mix. i know pit bulls are banned in all army posts. my question is, if our adoption papers (we adopted him from a shelter) say boxer mix on them, will there be a problem?

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ASigler86
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:34 PM
I *think* it depends on the base. Boxers are banned on our base.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaRose17
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:35 PM

ok thank you :)

Quoting ASigler86:

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Depends on the post! I would talk to your vet and maybe see if hey can change it from boxer mix to lab mix since you say he does have lab. Then technically your not lying.

ASigler86
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:36 PM
No problem!

Quoting BellaRose17:

ok thank you :)

Quoting ASigler86:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaRose17
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:48 PM

thank you :)

i will definitely keep researching; if needed i suppose we could try off post housing (assuming that it would be alright in that case)....so much to think about, i'm trying to be as prepared as i can be lol

i might just try to talk to the vet, but i'm not sure how much of his lab-ness is visible lol

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Depends on the post! I would talk to your vet and maybe see if hey can change it from boxer mix to lab mix since you say he does have lab. Then technically your not lying.

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I see where people think pit he sure is cute though!

Quoting BellaRose17:

i will definitely keep researching; if needed i suppose we could try off post housing (assuming that it would be alright in that case)....so much to think about, i'm trying to be as prepared as i can be lol

i might just try to talk to the vet, but i'm not sure how much of his lab-ness is visible lol

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Mama_ninjette
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
your right he does look pretty Pit like more like a pit puppy but if you get one of those DNA test thing it might help to prove that he isn't pitty but yeah I don't know any thing about army base rules but that would be my best advice :)
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
If you get post housing, he will be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DawnPratt23
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:26 PM
I see the lab in his skull features, coloring and feet look pit, but I have a lab collie mix and her head is small like that. My neighbors pit has a more round skull, short nose.

Quoting BellaRose17:

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BellaRose17
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:31 PM

his face does look lab at certain angles; mainly from the side :) but his feet are webbed like a labs for sure; and a lab collie mix would definitely be a cute combo!

Quoting DawnPratt23:

I see the lab in his skull features, coloring and feet look pit, but I have a lab collie mix and her head is small like that. My neighbors pit has a more round skull, short nose.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN