Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We got here and now all our stuff....

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:10 AM
  • 11 Replies
So we are here in our new home and all of our stuff is in storage and the stupid ass website for our move wont let us change the address(we put the base because we didnt have a place yet) and then they put our stuff into long term storage so dh has to redo all of it ive got no couch no bed (we have an air mattress but theres only so much u can take on sleeping on one of those) and no dishes or coffee maker. I know im ranting but when the packers were there i told them not to pack it up and the first thing he did was pack it up made me so dammn mad. I hope nothing gets screwed up cause i will seriously have some issues. Expecially if its my wedding dress and pictures. It feels like i wont get any of our things till dh is on the boat and i dont want to be left alone when they come because i dont want to have to do the dammage claim on everything. Plus i dont want to have to be like ohh that goes here and there cause we got a place with a garage and his tools will be down there and not up in the house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Soniam301
by Sonia on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
ok, a coffee make costs about 10 so get a cheap one until you get your stuff.

Learn from this, NEVER let the packers pack anything of value to you, take it with you. Put everything you don't want then to take in your car next time. I take all my pictures with me, I just take them out of the frames and put them in a picture box.

Things will work out, you'll get your stuff soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ninja_squirrel
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Good luck with everything. hopefully you get it soon. we planned our move so that we would get our stuff the day after we moved into our new place. We took 1400lbs with us in a trailer. we only let the movers take our big furniture. they were really awesome and didnt touch anything unless they asked first. we kept in touch with everyone fequently throughout our move.
the only bump we hit was when they sent our stuff to cuba from Wa going to NC and they lost it, thankfully they found it the next day and called, but i cried bad that whole day lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oddy_Knocky
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Always put aside what you don't want packed and take it with you. If you told the movers to not take certain things and they just packed them anyway, talk to the TMO representative assigned to your move. When we got to this DS we waited 3 weeks for our stuff. You'll survive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Lesson learned.

asaffell
by Ashley on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:25 PM

That happened to us. Husband got called to the range when our stuff was supposed to be delivered and it was another week before it came. It'll work out, mama.

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:32 PM
I don't like the movers packing our stuff so my dh does it. I've been in your situation before, with a brand new baby, for several weeks. That was almost ten years ago but I remember how bad it sucked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wintersdawn
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this
They have a lending closet on post you can get stuff from. Like microwave coffee maker dishes baby stuff. Call acs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DizneyMomma2001
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Go to ACS, they can help with the coffee maker and the dishes until your items are delivered.  

Quoting Wintersdawn:

They have a lending closet on post you can get stuff from. Like microwave coffee maker dishes baby stuff. Call acs

styler7
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Our household items weren't delivered for almost 2wks after we moved in. We borrowed everything imaginable from ACS.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fourlittlebees
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 12:49 AM

We had to wait 2 weeks after we signed for housing to get our stuff (3 weeks after pack up)  It sucked. We borrowed some stuff from ACS but when we realized our stuff was going to be delayed, decided to use up all of our TLE.  Lucklily our stuff came the day before TLE ran out.   It ended up coming 5 days earlier than what was predicted, thankfully. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)